toilet rolls

is it just me, or don't they come apart at the perforations properly anymore????

Photobucket

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

toilet rolls

I was just thinking that earlier!

Glad it's not just me.

I wouldn't mind so much, but we only buy good quality stuff

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

Do you mean one sheet layer seems to be offset to the others or that the perforations aren't actually perforated?.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

The perforations almost line up - that's not the problem.

Definitely has perforations, but they just don't come apart easily - perhaps its just me getting old and feeble.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

Oh can't help then sorry...Smiley Sad ...I can solve the offset problem but not the lack of perforations.....

Maybe if you chewed it a bit first that might help? smilie massive teeth.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

Lol ......!
Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

@stroppy*cow wrote:

The perforations almost line up - that's not the problem.

Definitely has perforations, but they just don't come apart easily - perhaps its just me getting old and feeble.

That's because the two layers have become separated and are in the wrong order, take the top layer off by one turn and with luck they will line up again.

There was a very old joke where a new aircraft kept losing it's wings until the factory toilet attendant suggested they drill a line of holes along the root of each wing and that would ensure they never broke off.

toilet rolls

Yes, I have the same problem; and opening a new roll is a work of art in itself Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

Anyone else found that they are not as absorbent as they used to be? lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

All you need to do is tie a loop of string to the handle of your scissors and hang them beside the toilet roll!

Simple!  Woman LOL

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

No especially the ones we are given to dole out at work. They REALLY ANNOY ME!!!!!!.Woman LOL. But mine at home dont either, mind you they are cheaper ones as i cannot afford Andrex or more Luxurious Paper!!!.Woman Happy

Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

@chickengrandma-2008 wrote:

All you need to do is tie a loop of string to the handle of your scissors and hang them beside the toilet roll!

Simple!  Woman LOL

And has the added advantage that if you've not had enough roughage in your diet, you can amuse yourself making cut out paper dolls while you are waiting. Smiley Happy

toilet rolls

OMG!  I wondered for a moment just what you were going to say then!!    Don't even THINK about it!!  Woman Embarassed

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

our toilet roll at work is diabolical..as Ed will back me up on this. It's about 3" wide, total rubbish....think it's made for a pygmy!

Photobucket

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

I buy L*dl's - 3 ply and they're great.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

we buy Velvet...minus the perforations!!!!!

Photobucket

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

@captainbovine wrote:

our toilet roll at work is diabolical..as Ed will back me up on this. It's about 3" wide, total rubbish....think it's made for a pygmy!

It's the same where I work, I actually accused the management of buying cheap and nasty loo rolls so that we aren't tempted to use them instead of paper tissues!

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

Blimey CB do you actually have toilet paper at work 9 times out of 10 there isn't any in our loos. And quite often you hear me calling heeelllloooo anybody there.

Seriously they are very narrow and one has to be very careful when doing the necessary.
Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

Perhaps someone got them mixed up and  they're really till rolls?

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

toilet rolls

The very narrow ones seem t be common in hotels and on public transport; the solution is not to fold them neatle but to cross-fold in an alternating manner so you end up with the size you need. For perforations that don't line up - take one ply of the sheet and unroll it backwards - the performations will then line up with the second ply.
Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent