solar Panels

Has anyone got them? If so, what do you think to them? Would appreciate some info based on personal experience before I look into it further. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

solar Panels

Yes we do have them although I do not like them to look at .....not very attractive at all , especially on period houses..

Fortunately the design of our house means that they are not viewable by us so I never have to look at them .....but we receive around £200 per month back from them so no complaints there .....no regrets ...
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

solar Panels

We have them too and although I don't bother my head with facts and figures, hubby's happy with the outcome. Woman Happy

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

solar Panels

Did you have any problems with water ingress from where the connections go into the loft??

I've been considering them for years, but we have slate roofs, and its not the same contruction as modern houses, no felt to start with.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

solar Panels

The property where the panels are is a barn conversion ...the tiles are red sandstone so not a modern construction ....large heavy things ....

There is no loft either as the rooms are open to the beams ....but we have not had any problems at all.

It is an unusual property ....the actual unit has had to be located in a kitchen unit due to the fact there is no loft space at all ....main living area has a huge height open to the rafters ....so there is a slight noise assosciated with it . However this does not affect us as this part of our property is let out as a holiday home .....no complaints from visitors however ...noise is not that noticeable ...

It was a bit of a challenge for the fitters due to the nature of the property and the sandstone tiles but they did a great job. They work well for us ......
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent