so my boy toys come into play

so my sink has been leaking, I took the u-bend ect apart, had no silicone, rubber had rotted, but I done my best to sort it out, 

just posted this on my eldest facebook (he is a joiner/everything else to build a house)

now I have four boys and a hubby,

my sink is still bugg^ered, wish i had some one to sort it out.......... oh yeah, had to think outside the box and sort it myself..till the plumber arrives, so glad I have four strapping boys and one hubby to help... NOT! Now you can all stop laughing at me buying boys toys....sheesh

(they all liked my post) 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

are you up to your knees in water yet? should I send a boat?

Photobucket

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Well done for even trying .......sure it will soon be sorted by the plumber...

My own  son does not even know how to wield a paintbrush so I have to help him out there.....funny thing is when we need any painting done we call on a decorator !!!!!!

However I would not dream of tackling sink issues ...cant imagine the chaos if I even tried......so hats off to you.....what a girl...

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

capt and milli

plumber arrived, weilding his silcone gun, said I had done a good job, with putting in an extra long stainless steel screw to hold the basin to the U-bend, taped it up with electrical wire.

I would have siliconed, as I done my bath, but I threw stuff out of the attic and I think the gun went with it.

didnt cost us nothing as plumber is hubbys friend (and we help each other out)

millie, ive told this story before, but years ago I asked my eldest to hang a cuppy door, just one of those light slatted ones, you had to move said door everytime you had to get a coat etc.

A friend told me to put said door on his bed every morning till he hung it......... alas he just kept moving it, I had to call hubbys other friend to hang it.

hence over the years, If I cant figure it out myself I google it, I love DIY and my power tools

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Well done Kate.  I think that you did very well there.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Sometimes if a job needs doing do it yourself. It doesn't always follow that if you have got men in the house they will do DIY my son is useless wouldn't even offer because he would be afraid of doing it wrong. OH takes a while to get around to it so it's quicker to do it yourself.

Well done you for having a go.
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

As an emergency stop gap until I can get sealant etc when putting U bend back together I have used blu tac. 

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Sounds like my house too, I always have to do the DIY, but like hightara I love it.

Every time we go anywhere where there is a market with powertools OH says ooo like more mummy tools. lol xxx

Well done hightara, clever girl xxxxx who needs men lol xxxx

Well......I do really but can do my own DIY Smiley Wink

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

I have always been independent and can turn my hand to most things. For 3 years after my son was born OH was away at uni and we had no money to hire people so it was a case of having too. I dont do electrics or gas but I have changed a washer in the tap, put up shelves, hung a door, built wardrobes painted and hung paper. Trouble Is OH is so used to me doing it now he doesn't even know how to use the central heating. Bless him he is the hunter gatherer.
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Before the accident that changed things, I used to do all the household jobs, the gardening, the decorating, even fixed minor odds and ends on the car. I have changed taps, cleared blocked sinks, even done gas and electrical work (it was over 15 years ago). I tiled the bathroom, replaced the shower unit, took out the old sink and put in a vanity unit. I repaired the washing machine, the dishwasher and the tumble dryer. If flat pack furniture needed building, it was me and my trusty tool kit that did the job.

Now all I am good for is the theory.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent