plant sale

I'm off to the village plant sale tonight to support raising funds for the summer show. Trouble is I've plants I could give them!!!!

so I'm buying herbs that way I can eat them and still support the show.

I hope there's cake too.....so I may not come back in tonight.

Photobucket

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

plant sale

Hope that you have a good evening CB.

Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

thanks Chris, I shan't stay until the bitter end...hahahah it only lasts about two hours, but my hooves are killing me as I've been out all day with my friend. I'll just see if I can get some thyme to plant in the garden and some chives to eat and I'll have a go at the raffle...feeling lucky! and then home as I'm in work for 6am

Photobucket

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

Sorry that your hooves are playing up CB.  My worst thing at the moment is my left thumb.  If I'd been knitting lately, I could understand it but I havent.  I have to go to see the doctor on 20th May for my blood test results so I'll mention my thumb to him then.

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

Dont talk to me about thumbs Books, I have an arthritic joint in my thumb, and with the job I do it can be really painful sometimes so painfull it makes me feel sick.  When I am not a work it is fine unless I go to pick something up and catch it wrong.  Steroid injections were suggested but I was told it would be every 6 months but that eventually it would be every week and then it would stop working, so I don't bother just put up with it, use a microwave heatpack on it that helps.  I have had the blood test for arthritus but it came back negative, apparantly this thumb is very common in women over 40. Mine is possibly linked to psorisus or rsi with the job I do.

CB enjoy yourself, get some lemon thyme, it is lovely and smells gorgeous.

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

My GP sent me for an x-ray about 18 months ago and it came back that I've go arthritis of the CMC joint which is at the base of the thumb.  As you say Ed, if you catch it, you nearly end up on the roof.

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

Yep that's the one, CMC much easier to say than the proper name.

Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

Enjoy your evening Captain but dont make your hooves too sore dear!!!. Enjoy plants and CAKE!!! ((()))xxxWoman Happy

Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

Yep that's the one, CMC much easier to say than the proper name.

I know Ed.  I think it's carpometacarpal. You can quite see why it is shortened to CMC can't you?

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

helloooooo I'm back.

I bought two yellow osteospermums and a piece of fruit cake!!

I could have bought a yellow thyme but i've already got a big 'un in a pot so I didn't bother, no other herbs I wanted so I didn't bother with any other plants. I could have gone mad though...a jasmine for £6.50 now that's a bargain! I talked my neighbours SIL into buying one hahahaha norty me.

Photobucket

Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

I'm glad that you enjoyed the plant sale CB.  I like the sound of something like that.  I don't think that we have anything like that round here.

Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

I didn't know that thumb thing was a common known condition, I thought it was only me!!  It's my left thumb, but only hurts occasionally, if I get hold of something a bit awkwardly.  It's so sudden and painful, I nearly drop the thing I'm holding!

Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

Oh i get that thumb thing too blamed it on getting used to the gears in my new(er) car LOL

plant sale

Blimey, that's another poorly thumb.  I find that the weather doesn't help much either.  At the moment, it's blowing a right gale here and methinks that the heavens are going to open.  Never mind, our thumbs won't fall off will they?  Well, hopefully not anyway.

Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

I started getting that nearly twenty years ago - when I picked up a jar or mug the base joint and middle joint on my thumb felt like pebbles and got in the way.   I started taking cod-liver oil capsules (the ones with multi-vitamins - I thought I might as well do both) every day and it seems to have worked - the thumb got better and it hasn't flared up since.  I get the capsules 3-for-2 at Mr T's, the 90's cartons.

(I blame PC mice, by the way - we had just got them at work)

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

Wow, we are going to have to set up a wonky thumbs club    ,, mine is my left one, that's from my job too, it appears they just wear out as we get older, and did you know not many men get it,  wonder why?

Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

Glad you enjoyed your plant sale CB,,that sounds nice Yellow Thyme!!. Yummy Fruit cake too.Woman LOL

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

You're right Ed.  We are going start a wonky thumbs club.  That's a good idea.  Funnily enough, my  poorly thumb is my left one as well.  I'm right handed but I have a theory though.  My mum is right handed and my dad is left handed so I tend to use both hands equally apart from when it comes to writing.

Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

me too Chris, my mother was left handed and I always pick a mug up with my left hand..

the little finger on my right hand locks and I can't straighten it out without pulling on my finger and it hurts! can I join your wonky thumb club only for my wonky finger?...I'll be all alone otherwise.......................

I bought another osteospermum today in work lovely purple and white petals a real stunner. only £2.50 too.

Photobucket

Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

plant sale

I love them they come out when the sunshines.

Yes you can join our club CB, seems it will be most of us anyway.

Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent