anyone else have a message from ebay saying

from 4th may

20 free listings every month

auction or fixed price

any catergory

also schedelued.

also never gave a minimum  or maximum start price

thats good so all my mdcc are now free to list so more pennies for charity

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

new free listings from ebay

You need to read the announcement, it is not good news at all!

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/201404091308402.html

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

so for a small private seller what is not good

.................................................................................................................
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

It's good for me. I list less than 20 items a month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

I would also like to know why it's not good news.

I sell for charity on MDCC...& I think it's marvellous that no insertion fees apply.

What am I missing?

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

I read my message through and I could see no problems.fvf staying the same ??? Wished they would come back and tell what is not good. 

You can even schedule them if you are going away.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

The price banding is going I believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

What does that mean patch

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

What's not good?

You will no longer have 100 free 99p listings a month.

All listings over your 20 free ones will cost 35p to insert!

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

the only people its good for are those that are occasional sellers or those like the mdcc lot that are limited to 5 per month

20 a month  scheduable, any price it seems

that means that you could make all your listings  inclusive postage

the cost of going over those 20 listings has doubled, trebled even in  the media categories

i feel ebay are pushing people to the basic shop but if you only have a big clear out once or twice a  year  you'll lose out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Any news of free listings on Ebay is always good news as far as I'm concerned 🙂
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

It is good news for me, I don't list very often, usually MDCC then a few extra bits, I don't sell anything heavy any more because of the postage cost and ebay charging fees on postage it's not worth while selling heavy items for 99p  most of my unwanted clothing and shoes go to charity, and anything else gets sold in the local paper.  So if I can list a few bits and bobs for free then I am happy. we sold a pair of boots back along for £2.00 and they cost £10 to post, after fees we got 60p for them, not worth the effort I am afraid.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

No such thing as a free lunch!  That's not good news for me, either.  As you know, on a free weekend my items top 70+ and then I automatically relist if other stuff has a chance of selling i.e. if there were watchers.  However if the fees are doubling on average, it's barely worth the effort if your items are only going for between £2.50 and £3.50.  I'll have to curtail my sales and only poke my head out when there's a free weekend.  Already I have begun to notice the marked increases in selling fees.  Only last year my fees ran out at about £10.00 per month - now they're close to a pony a month, which isn't good.  EBay make a big thing about saying there're no fees for relisting, but you see the charges once the sales start coming in!  I mean, what is twenty items per MONTH when several of us here are talking of 40 items plus per WEEK?  We're all making money otherwise we wouldn't be in this game, but you can bet a bottom dollar, we were all making more last year.  Even my auctioneer admitted things generally were lean.   My moan for the day.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

From 13th May, we can list 20 items a month free of charge, but any more than that will cost 35 pence each, regardless of the start price, which for a lot of people will mean more to pay.  Maybe good for some, but not for most of us.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

From what I read that 35p is now a flat rate for every priced item, whereas before it could cost up to £1.20 so that is better isn't it?

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent