nervous disposition? dont click !

I know I posted it before but I just came across it again and thought I would share.

My daughter Tára made this owl in school. She said its eye fell off on the bus.

Wow I said I know who would like that, yer granny (whilst killing myself laughing) and when you give it to her, tell her you want it on top of the tv.

Of course granny oblidged

I have to tell you her feelings were not hurt by this, as she was laughing too

So, what horrors have your children brought home to be proudly displayed, then sneaked away.

BTW. Granny had a spare google eye (why or how ???) of different size and added to the horror.

946434_345404905581426_1016845293_n.jpg

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

Awe, bless her (X)! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy  It looks really lovely.  My daughter proudly presented me with a beer mug which she'd made in pottery.  It was like nothing on earth, but for the next three weeks I faithfully drank lager out of it until it was forgotton about.   Whatever you do, keep it.  It's priceless especially in this age.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

lol. Well I have to say I think it's a great effort & I'm not surprised Gran liked, I do as well!.

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

My youngest granddaughter made me a hedgehog just after she started school and it's surely a work of art??  Perhaps not as striking as your owl though.  Woman LOL

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

lol. Magic!

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

ah cg, thats good

over the years with the five kids and their "art"  this one was the funniest.

granny has still got it stuck on top of her tv (so you cant but see it)...... our wit here is very dry

Tára still laughs everytime she sees it and she enjoyed playing up with giving it to her.

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

LOL,,, OMG Bless them!!!.Woman LOL

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

i still have hanging in my bedroom a rugrats mobile of tommy chucky and angelica which my daughter made me for mjy birthday .she hung them on the strings with blue tac but she ran out of blue tac when she came to tommy so he is stuck on with chewing gum .she made this when she was about seven and she is now 29.and it still hangs there 

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

A few days ago, we got lovely paintings that Grace had done at nursery.  We haven't a clue as what they are but for three, she's not done a bad job and mine is now on display in bedroom.

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

I still have a lovely picture hanging in my downstairs loo that my son did at school when he was 4, he is now 22.

I love it and that is why I have a nautical theme in the Loo.

I got rid of the hideous ones, some by accident and some on purpose, but I still have all his scrapbooks from school (All the years schoolwork was put in a folder ) and I have 6 of them they are lovely and when he has family of his own I will let him have them.

P1016362.JPG

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

We had a lot of photos of Steph from when she was born up to her being about nine.  When she moved in with Graham, we let her have the photos and she was made up.  Steph's the only person I know who loves to know what she was like when she was little.  I could think of quite a few things to call it but she was and still is a very thoughtful young lady.

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

I remember  making a plantpot holder at school when I was about 6, and I think I made a pin cushion. My mother left them on the dining room window ledge for years!

Photobucket

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

just been upstairs balancing on the bed to take a pic of my rugrats mobile with me wobbling and mobile spinning this was no easy feat.but this is the best one.

.charity ebay.jpg

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

ah cookie such dedication  I would gladly hang that up in my room,

but Táras is up there with clowns, leprechauns and dolls

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

I have a toilet roll santa that goes on top of my little tree every year that Nick made for me at play school when he was 3 just realised thats twenty years but I love it and is now tradition.

Have had some hum dingers over the years but they are all either on display or safely wrapped up in memory boxes ............................

....................to taunt them with in tears to come

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

....................to taunt them with in tears to come

I think that's what they call a Freudian slip stan!!  Woman LOL

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

bloomin predictive .............but lol

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

Ahh, bless her Hightara, I remember seeing that but isn't it fabulous?! 

I can't bear to throw away the wonderful creations the children have made over the years, from tree

decorations at Christmas, a very precarious-looking torch made from cardboard and with the bulb

hanging on by a thread to special cards and really weird things.

While clearing out the other day I came across what looks to be a bit of fossilised cat poo but is

actually (I am informed by the written note on the card it's stuck on) is a tooth from a sabre-toothed

cat!

The things youngest makes now he's 15 are a little more sophisticated but the stuff he made in

infant and junior school is just fabulous.

One thing though still touches my heart from about 26 years ago, long before we had our boys.  I've

mentioned it before I'm sure but a little yellow and green pottery pot given to me by a little boy who was

then about 8 or 9 and would now be in his 30's.  They all came out and got on the school bus I was

driving, clutching things they'd made for Mothers' Day and this little boy had lost his Mum a few weeks

earlier.  He gave me the little pot and said, "I haven't got a mummy now so you can have this as you

are my favourite bus driver".  It brought tears to my eyes and I still have that little pot on the shelf with

our loose change in it.

Don't ever throw these treasures away 'cos they're the best!

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

oh fishy, that is so sad and touching, I hope that little one is having a happy life and you continue to enjoy such a beautiful gift.

I have to admit, many a picture has been binned, but in the attic, I have a lidded box for each child that has their first picture, stories, tooth, hair cut etc.

only so much you can store, but the most precious ones are there.

however.......... the owl made me laugh so much.... Granny stores everything...and I know its going to come back to haunt me 

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent