is it just me... Christmas adverts aaarrrggghhh.

I am getting so fed up with Christmas adverts, there can be the same advert 5 times during an hour long programme, especially the ones featuring the perfect family with the huge kitchen and lounge, at least 10 spare rooms, and thousands in the bank for all the expensive presents. Not everyone has a good time at Christmas, there are a lot of people who will be on their own with only the tv for company, I am sure it would make them feel more lonely.

Rant over.......sorry
Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

I agree with you ed.  The best one though by far though is the John Lewis one.

Message 2 of 30
See Most Recent

Yes, they drive me up the wall too. And all the naff "heart warming" christmas films that start at the beginning of november. Same ones every year. The companies that advertise don't care if people are bored and alone at christmas - as long as they make plenty of money.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 30
See Most Recent

Agreed.andwhatreallygetsonmypipisthechildren'sTVadverts.Iwatchchildren'sTV(don'task),andyou'llseethesameadvertsagainandagainandagainandit'sallplasticcarp,worthafractionofwhatitcosts.

Message 4 of 30
See Most Recent

I'm sick to the back teeth of Xmas music in all the shops,.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 30
See Most Recent

The whole hype really annoys me - it should all be banned until at least the first week in December!

Three weeks of it would be MORE than enough!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 6 of 30
See Most Recent

I wouldn't care though, it's only for one day isn't it?

Message 7 of 30
See Most Recent

Well I will be on my own until the 29th Dec this year & I don't mind them at all. I need something to make me feel Christmassy! Sainsbury get first prize from me with John Lewis second & Boots third! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 30
See Most Recent

It's not just one day for businesses though, it's probably a third of their yearly turnover.  Having been in retail toys for donkey's years I know that the Christmas trade has to see you through the leaner months.

The reason shops start selling festive things so early is because if there's call say for 10,000 pudding for Christmas day, they haven't room to stock 10,000 all at once so they have to start off-loading them and re-ordering as early as possible.

I know it's sometimes annoying for the customer on the other side but there's usually a very good reason for what they do.  Even if that reason is 'just' for profit, that's exactly what they're there to do and if they didn't, they'd get the sack!

Message 9 of 30
See Most Recent

Our telly seems to get turned over when adverts come on and I dont even touch the remotewow1

Message 10 of 30
See Most Recent

I actually miss the whole festive season tinsel,tree and tat malarky now I'm not in the pub, for me then xmas lasted 5 full weeks and actually in general people were much happier, chatty and kinder during those weeks than any other time of the year and I can oly put that down to the "festive spirit" (and no I don't mean the alcohol)

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 11 of 30
See Most Recent

For the last three years ive chosen to work rather than stay at home on my own, this year I won't be but I can't help feeling I may be glad to be on call to get a bit of peace & quiet!. I love Christmas really. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 30
See Most Recent

It's only a few years since I spent 2 consecutive Chrismas's in intensive care at hospital, so amything that avoids that is a a bonus.

I am hoping to be able to help out with the temporary shelter for the homeless again - means that I get to avoid the M-I-L.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 13 of 30
See Most Recent

SIL and BIL are coming for Christmas day,should be a laugh as they have the same humour as us, so at least we like to wath the same stuff on TV etc.

It never the  used to be Chistmas so early in the stores, it does drive you nuts the same ads etc

Photobucket

Message 14 of 30
See Most Recent

Yes they are really annoying, like seeing the same tea time thread on here every day AAAAGHHHH!

Message 15 of 30
See Most Recent

:'(
Message 16 of 30
See Most Recent

Very soon the TV will start with holiday adverts.!.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 30
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
For the last three years ive chosen to work rather than stay at home on my own, this year I won't be but I can't help feeling I may be glad to be on call to get a bit of peace & quiet!. I love Christmas really. lol.
Sam your welcome over here at Christmas..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 18 of 30
See Most Recent

❤️❤️☺️ You & irene are my heroes Tommy. Thankyou! ,!

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 30
See Most Recent

,.jpg
@saasher2012 wrote:
❤️❤️☺️ You & irene are my heroes Tommy. Thankyou! ,!  We have a Pool For you Sam..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 20 of 30
See Most Recent