carrot cake

now, I make a mean carrot cake so I've been told. Trouble is, I can't seem to make a topping that will stay still!!! it always goes runny.

How do you make a topping that sits where it should and what do you put in it?

I use cream cheese, vanilla, icing sugar but it's always too runny.....

I fankyou

Photobucket

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

carrot cake

Well.................................... maybe add a bit more icing sugar.

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

I tried that .... ended up with enough topping for 10 cakesbouncy laffin smiley.gif

am I supposed to use more cream cheese or less and more icing sugar.?

Photobucket

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

Cheese and carrot.  Is this a main course cake????  Woman Surprised      Woman Sad

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

a lot more icing sugar. and i only use butter icing on mine as a lot of peeps like carrot cake but not the toping also i colour it slightly and add little icing molded carrots.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

also a lot less cream cheese.:)

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

Sorry CB i was mucking about,  I only use buttercream on mine some of my family get snichy about cheese on a cake, tut.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

gotchya Cookie, I've been using too much cream cheese I think I guess it goes runny. more icing sugar...yup will do.

I love those little carrots I've used them too, once when they didn't migrate to the bottom of the plate hahahaha

Photobucket

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

And carrot!!  Woman Sad

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

There is no convincing you is there CG.lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

yer OK Ed, next runny cake can be yours wrapped in cling film so ya have to lick all the topping up first!!cake smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

Oooh ta.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

@ilove2patch wrote:

There is no convincing you is there CG.lol

You convinced me to try Mr Brains faggots yesterday Maggie.

Bleurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

They were like Paxo stuffing balls in gravy.  The dogs had them for their dinner today!!  Woman LOL

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

I love faggots, yummy with mash and broad beans.

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

But there's no meat in 'em!  Like dumplings with sage and onion in. Woman Frustrated

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

Minced pork.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

CB for my carrot cake I use,300g (10oz) full-fat cream cheese, 100g (4oz) icing sugar and grated zest of 1 large orange, plus more, shredded, to decorate

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

Mmmmm....my favourite cake ....
Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

@stan3502 wrote:
CB for my carrot cake I use,300g (10oz) full-fat cream cheese, 100g (4oz) icing sugar and grated zest of 1 large orange, plus more, shredded, to decorate

Blimey that's nearly a pound of icing!.....

I'm on me way....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

carrot cake

If theres Carrot cake left im comin round COO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ohhh it sounds yummy!!!!.

Brains faggots are YUMMY,,,, i have them a lot!!!!.Woman LOL

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent