carboot bargains

Went to the local car boot yesterday and saw a woman selling embroidery theads in a plastic and I thought there were about 20 hanks  in there .she said £3 the lot so I said ok and she put the lid on and off I went.i have just got the tub out of the car and looked at them.they are all anchor and they are about 85p in shops.i got 65 hanks in that tub.so o am well impressed.

any one else got a car boot bargain

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Re: carboot bargains

I've not been to a car boot sale for years now.  We have one at one of the multi-storey car parks in town on a Sunday but they only seem to sell bad quality tat.

Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

Great bargain Carol. Well done!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

Patch has been at the wine.my name is debbie.:)

.................................................................................................................
Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

That's why I never use proper names, I have job enough with the IDs.  Someone wanted to be my friend on face book.  I said ok but I've no idea who it is.  She's friends of lots on here though and I've seen her avatar before but I don't know who it is!!  Woman LOL

Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

I find it easier to stick to id my memory is atrocious and I have no idea if I spelt that right.

Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

I could have sworn Carolyorkie posted that! lol Hi Debbie....I know very well that's your name! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

lol

i have to look at   cookie and yorkie  twice everytime

was  it  Julies   Cookie?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

Patch your as bad as me calling people by different names OH GAWD!!!!!.

Good Bargains DEBBIE!!!!!,,,now i know your name and i love that name too. I wish i had some boot fairs near me ,i will have to do some exploring!!.

Woman Happy

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

@**towery** wrote:

lol

i have to look at   cookie and yorkie  twice everytime

was  it  Julies   Cookie?

No I went .to julies first as I was looking for an embroidery hoop and then I went to the one near race course and got It there.but no hoop.

Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

the car boot sales here are dire!!!

I miss the good ones though, you did well there

Photobucket

Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

@cookiecookuk wrote:
No I went .to julies first as I was looking for an embroidery hoop and then I went to the one near race course and got It there.but no hoop.

What size hoop do you want Cookie? and wood or plastic as I have some plastic ones somewhere that you can have if you like Smiley Happy...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

Yes would love Any size wood or plastic.crafty  prodject in my brain trying to get out.let me know how much you want for them .

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

I am always looking for 4" ones as I can make thread catchers from them. 

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

I'll have a dig in the cupboard of wonders and see what I can find,I don't want anything for them Smiley Happy.....

don't know about 4" ones though Maggie but I'll check....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

Thanks twishy.

Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

@ilove2patch wrote:

I am always looking for 4" ones 

Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

Lol ed   🙂

Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

U being rude ed.

Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

Moi             

Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent