calling fluffy

Fluffy - saw your thread about the shrub, but since my gardening knowledge could be written on a postage stamp I was unable to help.

How are you - did the injury when you tripped  at the shop heal up ok?

Did you ever manage to get an apology from the shop?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

calling fluffy

Rushes in and waves hello to Stroppy - thanks for thinking of me.

Unfortunately I am having major problems with my wrist - I had a review at the hospital on Tuesday and in their words it will "take years and years" - I did ask them if they were being flippant, but they said NO.  Unfortunately the break in the wrist caused me to develop reflex sympathetic dystrophy - this means that all the nerves are on high alert.  So every sensation eg tickling, pins and needles etc are all transmitted as high pain to my brain.  The nerves can't tell one thing from another.  Even if the wind blows on my skin it is really painful.  I go to occupational therapy each week and do loads and loads of exercises at home to try and get it to move.  I still can't hold a toothbrush in that hand or open a door handle.  My GP said it will be a permanent disability, but I am determined to prove him wrong.

I never heard anything from the shop Smiley Surprised   Against my principals really, I have ended up passing the case over to a solicitor - I think if the shop had just phoned and asked how I was, I probably wouldn't have done anything.  Anyway after the solicitor requested the CCTV footage, the third party have since admitted liability. 

The solicitor will be arranging for me to see a consultant in Leeds who will do an assessment and give a report showing his findings - I don't know how long it will all take - the solicitor said could be a couple of years.  I suppose the fact that they have admitted liability is good.  No financial reward will make up for the disability of my wrist, but hopefully it will make them look at all their stores to prevent a similar accident happening to someone else.

Thanks again for asking. 

I am going away for a couple of days so if you post and I don't respond, please don't think I am being rude, but I don't think I will have internet access.  Thanks again and hope you are well xxxxx

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

calling fluffy

Hope that you have a lovely few days.

Sorry to hear about the ongoing problems with the wrist, but it is positive that the solicitor has managed to get them to admit liability.

I agree that no amount of money can make up for being left with any sort of disability, but it can at least make life a little easier and enable you to pay someone else to do jobs that you really struggle with.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent