bras

could anyone who remembers the bras for Africa scheme  put me in touch with the lady who used to collect them to send off for the ladies over there?

I fankyou xx

Photobucket

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

bras

It was dazypichu who collected the bras but I don't have an address for her

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

Why's that capt, are they needing hammocks now?  Woman Wink  Woman LOL heart

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

big laugh.gif

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

He he he
Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

CB you have mailp0135.gif

bras

i noticed collection box in my tesco called "bras for lorraine"don't know if it's the same lady

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

I think lots of shops have bra bins. Great idea.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

We have a lady in our store that collects as well.
Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

Dazy is onto her 9th bra bin since she started collecting - a remarkable achievement.

She does it through the Lights for Learning scheme.  They use the bras as packaging to get solar lights into educational settings, and then 'give away the packaging' to the women.  Often, these are areas where the importation of 2nd hand bras is forbidden.  A new bra costs a month's wages ...... but women are not allowed to work unless they are wearing a bra. 

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

It's very topical at the moment as its Breast Cancer Awareness, all the shops have Bras hanging in their shops, it's very colourful!.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

if dazy is about, I can collect again, this was quite a while ago, but I think I can get some more1375736498305_zpsdd7d7a7f.JPG

there was about 60 bras

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

they had a fish and chip night in the local pub to raise money for cancer research, and they put lines of bra's across the road in the village, and decorate some houses, it looked very funny and I just thought it would be a waste if they just threw them away.

ah well said CG, the teats need support alright, they'd be down to me knees otherwise hahahaa

Photobucket

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

One of the shops in the town is being renovated and they have scaffolding oitside and they have requested people to hang bras from it. If it is still there when I next go into town I will get a photo.
Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

It is a different scheme, but another bra collection scheme

http://www.againstbreastcancer.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising/recycling/513/bra-recycling/

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

Would be very grateful for any bras:-)

If anyone needs the address, please shout or send an envelope:-) I don't post much, but am still around.
Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

bras

I have Dazy's new shop address if anyone wants it. 

Just send me a message. 

myHermes is the cheapest way we have found to get bras to Dazy (and the system works well).  Her courier is an 'early-bird' but the dry-cleaning shop next door takes in her parcels.

£2.98 for 1kg

£3.98 for 2kg

£5.28 for 5kg

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/

This courier is endorsed by eBay so I think I am allowed to post that link.

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent