What's everyone been doing today?

We've been out for our lunch today and we had a good mooch around town.  Mum bought herself a skirt and a top.  She also bought me a top as well.  CB would love it as it's purple.

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Been clearing out cupboards in the spare bedroom - one of my kids is coming back Man Sad

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

Working, interminable requests for job details / application forms, the phone never stops ringing with folks upset about letters from the pension regulator, no end of "when will I get paid" queries - the true answer is I don't know and I don't care, but I sweetly point out that they need to talk to the payroll department and their phone number is.........

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

You were just on the point of rude J. weren't you?  Come on now be honest.

Me - hospital morning, hospital afternoon, hanging new curtains living room this evening..  Was in a REAL shop - L*dl - does that count? - garden plants.

Wrote screeds of thank you notes and hello back correspondence to folks, which will be illegible the further down the line they were written. Almost caught up now.

My life is just a whirl, I';m sorry, that's it.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

Well I have a boring day today.  I'll be going for a swim shortly and then on in to town.  When I get back home, that's it I think.

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

@rainydaywoman11 wrote:

You were just on the point of rude J. weren't you?  Come on now be honest.

I was perfectly polite, I would never be so un-proffesional as to be rude to a caller. Mind you I might have said a few choice words once the call was finished ..............

It wouldn't be so bad if if was just occasionally, but it starts at 7am and there can be anything up to 100 calls in a day. The payroll department don't answer so you can't just transfer the call, folks only ring our team because payroll don't answer. I

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

I could not handle 1000 calls a day now - haven't got the brain capacity and yes, I know, you are the true pro, but I don't know how you do it.

Today I was in the garden at 7 until 10.30 so am half dead, couldn't sleep last night.  This was my daff display this year, I always try to do something different.  Show off.  I do so love being out there, true peace and solace.036.JPG

See, I have a very boring life!

Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

I have packed my suitcase! 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

The usual, washing,hoovering ironing.
Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

had a lovely visit from Mr & Mrs Dark-Castle and of course their gorgeous dog, sat and chatted for several hours. Nodded off for half an hour after they had left, and woke up with a very swollen eye (no idea what happened) then started worrying about one of the dogs (still worried) he is old for his breed and is having trouble with his legs now, struggling to get upright etc. I know that "the decision" is very close now, but am dreading having to make it.

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

Glad that you enjoyed your visit from DC and his wife and dog.  Sorry abour your eye.  I wonder what caused that.  Hope that your dog will be alright.

Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

Made a pair of jeans, done a bit of tidying in the garden,washed up made the bed, made a cuppa, ate a sarnie now watching tv!

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

Made a pair of jeans!!!!!!!! Dairy - that's amazing to be able to do that, and you threw it in all casual like. From someone that can hardly sew a button on you have my utmost respect.

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

most of the morning on redial trying to get appointment at G,P's          

rest of the day being poked and prodded/stabbed

evening spent cooking/ visiting MIL in respite care and looking after littlies

and they wonder why my blood pressure is sky high ????????

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

Today I drove for the first time since ending up in hospital with a Pulmonary Embolism!

Drove to the hospital for yet another blood test as I'm on Warfarin to thin my blood and disperse the clots.

Result of test was good so I don't have to go back for a week Smiley Happy

Celebrated by driving to the nearest coffee shop for lunch.

Came home to find some beautiful flowers and Get Well cards heart

Thinge are on the up at last Smiley Very Happy

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

Been using my new vacuum, brilliant also made a couple of things for MDCC
Went to the vets with Poppy.
Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

oooh what's wrong with Poppy?...I hope she's OK.

me? well work real early 5am start...bleurgh. I felt rotten when I'd finished, my tum was playing up real bad last night. So I had a very small lunch, hung out the washing and trundled off to bed for 2hrs.

the flowers look fab Rainy, I wouldn't say you led a boring life, mind you, you did like to go out to places didn't you before you got poorly? I'm such a home bod, I wouldn't mind if I never left the house again, except for the odd trip to the garden centre!!!!

Yes, Chris, I luves purple, me and fishy are purple peepsSmiley Happy

Photobucket

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

Poppys fine she had a tick in an awkward place and we couldn't get it off, it had she had a huge lump. Its all gone now. Its just easier to get someone else to get it off sometimes.
Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

Hope that Poppy's alright.

Had a quiet day today.  I was in the pool at 8am and then I went into town.  I bought myself a new pair of trainers and a memory card for my tablet.  After lunch, I did some gardening.  I've been cutting the Forsythia down but I am running out of room in the green bin and it will only be emptied a week on Tuesday.  

Hope that you feel better soon CB.

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

Meant to add that we are watching an old episode of Call the Midwife on Drama.

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent