Well, that's that!

mouse4702
Conversationalist

I left work today for the last time.  The boss can't afford to keep me on.  He can barely afford to keep himself on (there were only 2 of us).  So who, now, will want a 53-year-old with rheumatoid arthritis and zero morale?

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

Well, that's that!

Aaaaahhhhh bloomin heck Mouse and right on Christmas too. You still have years left for working. Plenty of places would be glad to have you.
Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Somebody who doesn't want a Know it all 23 year old with Lazyitis..........PMA........Positive Mental Attitude.Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Aw thanks, guys.  Just feeling sorry for myself - not an attractive trait.  So I'll hoik up me socks and titivate the old CV.  Mouse is back on the market!!  and a bargain at the price!!

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Sorry to hear that but hope you got your proper redundancy entitlement. 

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Sadly I've only been there since July, and before that on a work placement.  Still, it's all experience - something I'll never forget and I've met some amazing people and done things I'd only dreamt of.

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Aw that's a shame Mouse.  I hope that you manage to find something soon.   

((((((Mouse))))))

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Don't despair, jobs are there for us in our fifties it just needs a little longer looking for.((()))

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

lr9zxpOSbZGjHVpqF7Gs.gif for you mouse heart

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Such a shame Mouse, especially as you loved the work so much.

Really hope you find something soon.

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

One door closes another opens Mouse!

You have years of experience and knowledge and have lived in an era where things were not handed on a plate.

Age is only a thing in your mind you are as old as you feel! get back out there especially this time of the year and prove you are never too old!

I stood waiting at a self service till yesterday as the stupid machine kept requesting a member of staff was needed,  everytime something was put into the bag the till reacted this way! twice the same member of staff stood there waiting for anyone needing help but her mind was elsewhere, I was damned if I was going to ask her to help as the red light thingy was flashing like madRobot Mad gawd help that store with Christmas coming up!

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Somebody-Please-Take-Pity-and-Give-Me-a-Job-/271696968541....http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/unemployed-dad-auctions-himself-ebay-4757101
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

that's the spirit Mouse, treat the next few weeks as a holiday and go for it in the New Year. I'm sure with positive outlook and  your CV you'll soon have another job.

Chin up girl! you can do it!!!

Photobucket

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Golly Mousie, I just googled you - and there is bound to be a job out there waiting for you Woman Happy  Good luck with job hunting in the New Year.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Sorry to hear that mouse, hopefully something better will turn up in the New Year

As an english poet might have said, relax, recoup, & regroup

And if you receive any unsolicited emails from someone wanting to visit from Russia or thereabouts called, vlad the inhaler

perhaps confine it to the  waste bin

x

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

Well, that's that!

Wish you were closer mouse, our place is desperate to take on new people of all ages so that we cover the wide spectrum f our customers

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent