WELL WE'VE HAD THE BAD BITS ...........................

So what are your OH's good qualities (if any).  Mine can now cook (very basic), do basic housework, does all his own laundry, changes the beds and he's not totally mean, in fact can be quite generous.  Still has no sense of humour though Woman Frustrated  What about you?

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Hmmmmm good qualities well...................

He loves me and puts up with me

he goes out of his way to a little store to buy me Caramac cos he knows I love them

he took on my kids and loved them as much as he does his own

he's a fantastic grandad

and he's stuck by me through thick and thin and for that I am grateful every day xxxxx

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and he makes a mean bacon butty about once every 3 years ...................lol

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

well mine makes all the meals,

hoovers when I have sciatica

can do the washing/hanging clothes out

does the shopping

but can't wire a plug, put a shelf up, anything diy thats my domain along with the cleaning.

just realised he does a lot 

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Oops, forgot, he now looks after me when I am unwell and also does all the shopping.  In fact, he's changed out of all recognition in 12 months.  I wouldn't have believed it.  Like Tara though I still do the DIY, lol.

Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

As I'm technically still married , my contribution is this, he's finally got it ! I'm not coming back!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

oh rainy so glad that you are getting the much needed support of your hubby

mine also visited me when I got ...cough cough... sectioned for 6 months

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

My wife had to go somewhere early for the day, si after seeing her off, instead of going back to bed, I worked with a will, starting off with the washing up - we didn't have a dishwasher.  That took an age, but nowhere near as long as the washing.  While I waited for the washing to be done I went from room to room with the Hooverand rig the corners of the odd cobweb and even made the bed - something I hadn't done since I was at boarding school.  Finally I managed to iron my own shirts and then flopped out on the bed - I was knackered.

When my wife came home I told her triumphantly what I'd achieved and even made her a cup of tea, and then sulked for the rest of the evening, getting into a darker and darker mood.  In the end she laughed and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Yes, I can see what you've done.  Thankless task, isn't it."

You know the most annoying thing of the whole exercise?  What she said was right - it is a thankless task! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

@rainydaywoman11 wrote:

So what are your OH's good qualities (if any).  Mine can now cook (very basic), do basic housework, does all his own laundry, changes the beds and he's not totally mean, in fact can be quite generous.  Still has no sense of humour though Woman Frustrated  What about you?

Well, he does the minimum amount of cleaning that he can get away with, cooks (basic and mostly ready meals), does the shopping, does the minimum amount of gardening, does all the laundry (but dries everything in the dryer as he wont't peg out stuff), changes the beds. As for money he hasn't got any and spends mine with gay abandon.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Don't do washing, don't do ironing, don't do cooking, don't do housework, don't do gardening.

However does work 70 hours a week, is extremely generous and does the DIY. And hard landscaping in the garden. He will also sew a button on because he knows he will be waiting forever if he waited for me to do it.

I however work only 22 hours and have plenty of time to do all those jobs.
I might moan he doesn't do much but he does work very hard.

He does do the dishes at Christmas.
Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

I'll not tell you about mine cos someone might come n nick him! not that you will be able to lift him cos he is worth his weight in gold...heart

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

lambsy_uk
Conversationalist

Forget about cooking and washing, DIY and other housework; that's all everyday chores that have to be done, are not deserving of a special mention and get shared among us with little fuss. (accept if we try to get our girls to tidy their rooms)

No, what I have appreciated about my other half since not long after I met her (over 16 years now) is she treats me with trust and respect. I've had relationships with females in the past that have been a royal pain in the ass; they didn't like my friends, wanted me to spend more time with them.............., one in particular was always asking where I'd been, who was I with, had I been drinking, had I been smoking, what time did I get in, did I cop-off with someone........... I resented this a lot, especially as I was nothing other than loyal and it led to far too many arguments and violence. (On her part; kicking, hitting, scratching, biting; I still have the scars)

My wife however has never shown anything other than trust and respect though, she'll ask if I've had a good night rather than where I've been and what I've been up to. Never had the third-degree from her and I've always appreciated that.

It means so much to be treated like a responsible adult rather than a possesion or project!

She works hard too but don't we all?!

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Well my Hubby's amazing, he's about as useful as a kick in the behind at practical stuff

but he loves me, puts up with me, loves our children and always does stuff for them,

loves my cats (even though he pretends he doesn't) and cleans the bathroom!

He never looks after his car though and I honestly don't think he'd notice if the engine

fell out - I do all our car-related things.

As for DIY, he hasn't got a clue and I haven't got much of one, but he's written some

lovely books about the coast.  He takes me to lovely places too.

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

His wallet

He does as he's told

Was easy to train

He loves me

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Yes there is the wallet...

He's never done any housework in 46 years and I mean NONE!

Not one toilet cleaned, one item of clothing washed or ironed, or even brought in off the line if it starts to rain and I'm out.  Not one meal cooked or a bed made.  Not even a single nappy changed!

But, he has always worked and supported me and the children, doesn't drink or swear, isn't violent and is very trustworthy and reliable. 

I've never had a moments jealousy or worry about anything.  He sorts everything.

He didn't do interior decorating but has always built extensions and renovated our homes so we could move up from a flat above a shop in town to where we are now.

He's not been a bad old stick!

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

he's generous to a fault, kind,does all the DIY, helps me with the gardening, has been known to hoover and wash up, he's even pegged out the washing (now that was funny to see, ever seen how a man hangs out a bra???)

he's even put up with me for 40yrs all in all he's brilliant.

except when he's getting on me wazz.....

Photobucket

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

He came along when I was at a very low point - in pieces to be honest. He took me under his wing, spent time putting me back together again and then married me. It will be out 16th wedding anniversary on Thursday, and I have not regretted a minute of the time we have spent together. He is in poor health and we are both getting on in years, but despite his health problems he do anything in his power to help me and make me happy. He's useless at DIY and not too good around the house but he is a genuinely good person, and more importantly he puts up with me and that is no easy task at times.

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

My husband brings me presents. He went to see BIL tonight in his new house. He brought home a footstool 2 bookcases and a potting bench. Blimey what am I going to do with that lot.
Bless his cotton socks.

I love him to pieces but really.
Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent