Utilise that car tax space!

Now we no longer have to display out car tax stickers in the bottom left-hand corner of the windscreen, how long will it be before some budding entrepreneur thinks up: thinks - what a good idea.  For just £5.00 per month I will drive round with an "Eat at Joe Blogs" sticker the same size as used to occupy my tax space.  

Any passer-by would look at it out of curiosity, knowing it wasn't displaying car tax.

OK, so I've put up this thread tongue-in-cheek, but technically there's nothing to stop me doing it.   If it's been around for ninety-two years, the powers that be can hardly say it's obscuring your vision.Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

@5129frederick wrote:

Now we no longer have to display out car tax stickers in the bottom left-hand corner of the windscreen, how long will it be before some budding entrepreneur thinks up: thinks - what a good idea.  For just £5.00 per month I will drive round with an "Eat at Joe Blogs" sticker the same size as used to occupy my tax space.  

Any passer-by would look at it out of curiosity, knowing it wasn't displaying car tax.

OK, so I've put up this thread tongue-in-cheek, but technically there's nothing to stop me doing it.   If it's been around for ninety-two years, the powers that be can hardly say it's obscuring your vision.Smiley Very Happy

Do you want to bet on that LOL.

You used to only need one light on the back of a car,but try not getting a pull for having one out.

I may just stick to the old Guiness label for now.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I've only come across three cars that have bothered removing them.  Shame actually - it took the fun out of driving around with an out of date tax disc, taking a chance on getting caught!

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I had to take advice from the Police about removing my tax disc. On 1st October my V5 came through for my private plate, so I could change number plates. However then my plates and tax disc wouldn't match.

No tax disc would virtually guarantee acheck, but had DVLA transferred the tax to my new reg?

Traffic Police had to look it up when I asked, but advised me to change plates and remove tax disc BUT carry a photocopy of V5, MOT and insurance in the car. I have also kept my tax disc.

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Not knocking you, but I can never, for the life of me, can understand why anybody would want to buy a private number plate. Companies like Elite Registrations claim they are collectable.  Yes, so collectable are they, there are currently around one million vehicles on the road with private registrations.  Why pay the Government around £70.00 (admittedly a one off payment) for the privilege of driving round with a TOM27 registration?  A much cheaper way round this would be to do what Dave Alan said in jest:

Just change your name by deed poll every time you buy a car - about £35.00.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

We still have ours in the car and so do our neighbours,  we just bought 2 new holders about a month ago from Help for heroes completey forgetting we wouldn't need them, never mind it was a good cause.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Not actually my choice - it was bought for me as a gift.

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Oops!  Good Sir, I stand very much corrected - no offence meant or taken, I hope.  It was just a quip on my part, hense the smilie wink.  It is, of course, something as personal as golf.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent