Unusual food combinations.

Is there anything you eat together, that you know is wrong but you just can't help yourself,

Mine is a sandwich of extra mature cheddar, (the one that makes your mouth squeek) with strawberry jam. I just love it.

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Unusual food combinations.

There's nothing wrong with jam and cheese butties...I regularly eat them for lunch....

I also have cheese with Christmas cake and apple pie...

and I occasionally eat a packet of crisps with a kit kat......smilie bouncing.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

Yes to the christmas cake and apple pie, not too sure of the crisps and kitkat, will try that when I get to work tonight.

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

Works best with ready salted or salt 'n' vinegar.....Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

Oh yuk salt n vinegar, pah pah pah,   guess it will have to be the ready salted then.

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

twishy do you mean you use the kitkat like chopsticks to eat the crisps?

cheese/apple or strawberry  is an old combo i think i even atr it on weetabix  lol

peanut butter and avocado  sarnies

lemon curd and banana slices is a afav i have regularly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

I like crunchy peanut butter & banana on toast but don't consider that strange.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

I like  a sprout butty with lots of salt sometimes.

I like bread sauce on toast with a fried egg on it, that's lovely.

cheese and marmite butty

I could go on.....I have weird tastes...

Photobucket

Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

Now sprouts are what I don't like.  I'll eat most things but definitely not sprouts.

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

Cucumber and honey sandwiches!

Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

Too funny....these posts remind me of when I was pregnant, and had those strange cravings..

As I recall, my favourite was fried bananas with spray whipped cream on top...and a pickled onion !!

Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

Er, no wonder your name is Windy Woman Wink

Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

I have The Peanut Butter and Banana Sarnies, i like Crisp sarnies too.

I put Apple in a Salad,,i love it.

And i brought some today and it sounds odd, i got it from a friend when i was young. Eat a polo and a Fruit Gum at the same time.

YES STRANGE LOL.

Woman LOL

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

Marmite with a touch of mustard - gives it a slight kick, or pepper sprinkled into a bag of ready salted crisps.  I actually wrote off to Walkers as a suggestion - they never had the courtesy to even reply, so I will approach their rivals with the same suggestion, pointing out here is a chance to be first, the fact that Walkers couldn't be bothered replying.  All I would have expected would have been an acknowledgment to say that they were considering carrying out a feasibility survey to see if people liked the idea - courtesy costs nothing.

Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

Another one I'm fon of - jelly babies and chocolate - really yummy!

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

I rather like cheese with fruit cake, but I also like a bacon butty with red cabbage, er sorry about that.

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

Try mint sauce on chicken, turkey or beef rather than just on lamb - it works very well indeed.

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

That sounds quite nice, yum!

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

The grandchildren like apple sauce on chicken too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

I have apple sauce with my chicken tomorrow when OH comes home.

Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent