Today is the day they charge for plastic bags, please read

Remember to keep your 'Bags for Life' in the boot of your car

This very quickly became a Non-story in Scotland, exactly the same complaints and warnings, were all over our Newspapers & TV shows, as are filling your media today.

Pay NO attention to the Doomsayers, the stupid scenarios

they talk about just don't happen

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Petal
Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

I have about 20 bags for life just keep forgetting to take them haha
Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

You soon get used to it, after forgetting and having to pay a few times it gets programmed into your brain, shopping take bag!

Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

I have been using my own bags for years. I make some & I buy a few of the really nice woven bags for life too so I have a good selection. They are stronger & look nicer too.:) Can't see what all the fuss is about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

I collected freebies at Tesco and then packed the shoping into my nice, extra strong Lidl bags

Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

i have folded one up in my handbag and must learn to put back in there when i have emptied my shopping..

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

Been doing it here in Walees for a long time now so is automatic that I carry bags with me now

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

I've used bags for life for years.  Us of the older generation grew up using our own bags, like our mothers before us.

And we took our own bottles back, the dustman didn't take them for us. 🙂

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

Swings and roundabouts, if I haven't got single use carrier bags I will have to buy bin liners so it makes little difference.

There are always "bags for life" in the car, and also I have loads of free canvas bags.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

There are proper shopping bags available all over the place, just as there have been since I was a child!  They're not difficult to buy or use.   Plastic carrier bags don't have to be 'single' use anyway.  I don't see the problem.

I can't understand why England is going to be different from the rest of the UK though, so much easier to have one rule for all shops. 

Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

Been here in Scotland for a looong time!!

You get used to it...not a problem Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

Four of the big supermarkets have pledged the money from bag sales to help fund a dementia research centre.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/oct/05/supermarkets-plastic-bag-proceeds-dementia-fund-u...

Stan, I couldn't believe it when I was told we've been paying for bags for four years!!!

it's not a problem now, keep some bags in the boot, as I get a few bits when I finish work, take the trolley to the boot, bag it all and return trolley...sorted!

Photobucket

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

When we go to A**i, or shopping anywhere, we always take bags with us.  When we do the food shop, we take the bags in with us and pack it all away inside the shop.  

Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

I use those bags for life, have done so for years now, just the odd occasion that I forget and have to use a store bag!

Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

ive had bags for life since what seems forever , from all sorts of shops, they do seem less sturdy this last eigtheen month

i remember my parents buying a cotton bag at Traquir house in the eighties, i seem to remember its handles being replaced a couple of times  but its still at my parents - it holds the carrier bags now  lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

I totally agree about taking bags for most shopping, but don't like the idea of bags not being provided for items of clothing or shoes which are easily damaged or marked.

Also fragile things like glass or china. Do we have to provide something to protect these items as well as bags?

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

yes, that is unfortunate, I remember buying some panties and having to put them straight into my handbag, would have looked good if I'd been stopped and searched hahahaa...

I carry a small bag in my handbag, one of those that folds up real small, this does for clothes etc.

If you are buying something like glass or china, ask for protection, as they have packaging it came in and could easily provide it. Or, if you are in the supermarket, take the bubblewrap from the fruit and use that.

Photobucket

Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

Smiley IndifferentWhat Happens When You Have Home Delivery From Our Faverite Frozen Food Shop Do You Pay For Bags?

Petal
Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent