Today is the day they charge for plastic bags, please read

Remember to keep your 'Bags for Life' in the boot of your car

This very quickly became a Non-story in Scotland, exactly the same complaints and warnings, were all over our Newspapers & TV shows, as are filling your media today.

Pay NO attention to the Doomsayers, the stupid scenarios

they talk about just don't happen

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Today is the day they charge for plastic bags, please read

I sometimes have a home delivery from Ocado and they only deliver in bags.  You are charged a standard rate, I think it's 40p however many bags they bring you, but you can also 'sell' them back for 5p a bag.  This goes for other bags you might have too.

Message 21 of 29
See Most Recent

We have home delivery from A**a, you have the choice of bag-less delivery, or a standard charge of 40p regardless of how many bags.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 22 of 29
See Most Recent

we have home delivery from mr T's and we opted to still have it delivered with bags for 40p as it is a lot easier for us and less stress.but it goes to charity so i am ok we that.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 23 of 29
See Most Recent

As Stan said it's been the case here in Wales for a while and I used to forget that the bags were free when I was visiting family in Nottingham. The strangest part though is being asked if you want a bag for take away food such as fish and chips and being charged 5p for that but you get used to it!

still sig
Message 24 of 29
See Most Recent

I have a bagless delivery from Tesco but hubby made me a trolley that the crates fit on exactly and I can push them to the kitchen all in one go.  They leave the crates with me and take away the ones that I emptied last week.  They all say it's the easiest delivery on the round.  🙂

Message 25 of 29
See Most Recent

My grand daughter and her friend have just sat outside tesco all afternoon selling old carrier bags for 2p each.

They made about £1.50 before the security man chased them away.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 26 of 29
See Most Recent

@023mjc wrote:

My grand daughter and her friend have just sat outside tesco all afternoon selling old carrier bags for 2p each.

They made about £1.50 before the security man chased them away.

i think this is great .well done to them.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 27 of 29
See Most Recent

The one thing over the week-end I objected to is buying garments to wear, what if you mark them in your own bags unknowingly get them home and want to exchange them not knowing if the item was marked in store. I did pay for the bags for my items not wanting to risk a bag I had used for shopping. That is my only complaint.

Message 28 of 29
See Most Recent

I am happy to pay 5p for a plastic bag for clothing. I feel that the charge overall is a good thing as it will result in less plastic waste in the environment as it makes people think twice about using them. There will be times they are necessary though & 5p isn't a lot to pay if you can't provide your own clean bag. 

There might be some reusable bags on MDCC this Sunday! 😉

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 29 of 29
See Most Recent