Tivo

I have posted on another thread but wanted to ask on here?.

Is Tivo Box just run by V***N?

Is it just for rent or can you buy it?.

Are their any similar Set top Boxes that you can buy independantly of any Broadband company/package?, and if so can you get extra channels on these?.

Is it just for recording programmes , like a video recorder?.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Tivo

have you looked at Now TV. I haven't got it but think you can buy packages etc with no contract.

still sig
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Tivo

tivo has its own .com site so looks like it's independent of any other company

still sig
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Tivo

Whilst TiVO does indeed have its own website and can be purchesed in the US, it will not work with british TV channels.

In the U.K TiVO is only available through Virgin, and can only be rented as part of a package with their TV channels.

It is a bit more than just a video recorder, lets you pause and rewind live TV, and it lets you watch TV on your computer and ipad, tablet or mobile smart phone through their apps (using a broadband connection).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Tivo

Isnt Tivo cable,  We can't get Virgin here, no cable, so assumed it was. Like others have said Now TV is non contract but you have to pay for the bits as you go along, with no tie in.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Tivo

I m with Virgin and i did suspect it was just their gadget,, thanks thats answered that one.

Ahhh i will investigate what Now T.V is all about,,,ive not heard a lot about them. All these choices of t.v,,Broadband and phones are so confusing!!!!. Theres too many now!. They dont make it simple to understand. Well im a dipstick i dont understand anything techie anymore full stop LOL.Woman Happy

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent