Spreadsheet sheet help needed please :-)

Hi

Could someone direct me to where I can get help building a basic spreadsheet please? 

I have no knowledge of how to construct one, and just tried for the last 2 hours, but made a right mess of things and have to give up!

I need to have just five columns in the spreadsheet:

* Date

* Daily sales amounts in £'s

* A breakdown of the same sales amount for cash takings only

* A breakdown of the same sales amounts for credit card takings only

* Commission earned

I'll need to be able to structure this so that it covers each month.  I googled and there are some free spreadsheets out there, but I can't seem to find one that is suitable (or simple!)

Many thanks in advance!

(p.s I have 'Microsoft Excel Starter' and 'Open Office Calc' on my laptop)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you like my snub nosed monkey?

Don't think rude thoughts; it's the cute thing on the left...

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Well, you should be able to put the headings at the top of the columns

If you right click on each column header, and choose Format Cells, the pop-up window should let you choose that the first one shows the date, then choose Currency for the next four columns.

Try this as a way of getting started

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?&query=2721

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Sorry, but I just watched the video and it's all over my head Woman Frustrated Woman Sad I know nothing about spreadsheets at all, and I think that video is for those with knowledge I don't have.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I seem to be getting somewhere now, and have added some figures. Woman Very Happy

How do I change the top A-Z boxes to titles that I want please?  Also, how do I get each of the currency columns to add up totals for me?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

You cannot change the top a-z nor the side row numbers.

You just put  your titles in whichever row (eg 1 or 2 etc) along the top.

To automatically add a column, click in the next empty cell at the bottom and then if it's excel, scroll along to where you see a strange E and/or it says Autosum

Click on that.

It will then automatically highlight the above cells in that column.

Click enter

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

The eBay video really is for beginners and will help you download all your selling info without you having to enter stuff manually.

Try something like this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_7oc-E3h0

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

@aernethril wrote:

The eBay video really is for beginners and will help you download all your selling info without you having to enter stuff manually.

Try something like this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_7oc-E3h0

I need the spreadsheet for non ebay related sales, but I'm starting to get to grips a bit now thanks 🙂

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Oh - sorry about that.

Then try that youtube video.

It's actually easier to show like that than to try to describe because there are so many different functions.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent