Sparrows strange behaviour

I was watching two sparrows in the garden earlier; the first one was fluttering its wings (same as young birds do when they are being fed by the parent) and the second one was trying to pull something out of its bottom. What on earth was that all about? Never seen it before.

Message 1 of 37
See Most Recent
36 REPLIES 36

Perhaps it was a baby then.  I think that's what the parent bird does to keep the nest clean.  I suppose that instinctive behaviour goes on for a day or two after they leave the nest.

I had a bluetit hit the patio door yesterday.  Poor thing sat there for a good ten minutes coming round.  It was ok in the end though and suddenly flew off into a tree. Woman Happy

Message 2 of 37
See Most Recent

Aww bless it, CG; glad it was ok.

Message 3 of 37
See Most Recent

We have been adopted by a blackbird as we always leave food out for it to feed it's little ones.  When it flies off, it gives a little tweet as if it's saying thank you.  We've also got a robin which is good.  It seems ages since we had a robin.

Message 4 of 37
See Most Recent

I've got a couple of Robins visiting the garden; I love to see them.

Message 5 of 37
See Most Recent

it's bonkers time in our garden now, babies should be arriving shortly, although this year we haven't seen many sparrows.

loads of every member of the tit family and blackbirds, oh and of course flippin' jackdaws!!!!

Photobucket

Message 6 of 37
See Most Recent

I've just been into the garden and the Blackbirds are still singing; it's lovely to hear them.

Message 7 of 37
See Most Recent

I have the normal array of sparrows , starlings ,a couple of variety's of **bleep** but also a special visitor most day of a lovely woodpecker

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 8 of 37
See Most Recent

lol. Did you happen to mention blue bosoms?

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 37
See Most Recent

I was trying to work out what the bleeps were, then I realised Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 37
See Most Recent

omg lithium mods really are over the top are'nt they

@saasher2012 wrote:
lol. Did you happen to mention blue bosoms?

Message 11 of 37
See Most Recent

Yes indeed ! Good job you weren't discussing the water bird Sh**s I don't know whether it's one or two Gs or you'd have had the whole thread removed lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 37
See Most Recent

It seems ok if you call them bluetits. Woman Wink

Message 13 of 37
See Most Recent

chickengrandma-2008 wrote:

It seems ok if you call them bluetits. Woman Wink

well Mr S say's I have greattits but I ain't seen them  ..........................did I get away with it

Message 14 of 37
See Most Recent

Reminded of the story of a lady who phoned up the BBC  to complain about the phrase "**bleep** like coconuts", which she had heard on the radio. The lady was told,had  she been more patient, she would also have learned that robins like worms.

Message 15 of 37
See Most Recent

lol didn't work did it?

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 37
See Most Recent

Oh I was going to try to be clever and I though **bleep** it and just used the terrible word! 

Message 17 of 37
See Most Recent

OOhhhhh GAWD **bleep**,, will they bleep it. I have written it to see.

Watching birds is lovely especially now,,nest building is going on all around the trees outside my place.heart

Message 18 of 37
See Most Recent

THEY DID,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ha ha ha ha ha

Message 19 of 37
See Most Recent

Found a nest in a conifer tree this morning, empty, think it is the blackbirds, because they are in the garden eating the worms I have dug up and there are some scruffy littl'uns with them.

Message 20 of 37
See Most Recent