Serious question - Has anyone got Solar PIR lights outside and do they work OK

because they have turned all the lights off in the village, which is fine by me, We feel we need a light outside our garage for when I go to the car at 3am (time I start work) because it is darned dark and a little bit scarry,

We dont really want to go to the expence of an electrician and making holes in the wall,

But we dont really want to buy one if they are rubbish.

Advice please you lovely peeps.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

The only experience I have of solar lighting is the kind you put in the garden on a pointy stick.   They look pretty but don't give off any light to see by.  Perhaps you can get bigger, stronger ones, I don't know.  The ones we had had fizzled out about 3 hours after it got dark, so in the winter, not only did they not get much power from the sun, with it being dark so early, they were out by 7 pm.Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi, I bought one from Lidl recently from memory was a 10led PIR lamp to illuminate a 1.5mtr by 5mtr alley with bins and beside the PIR not working the light wasn't bright enough so returned to shop. I then bit the bullet based on reviews on Amazon and bought a 60LED PIR which was really easy to fit and adequately lights up the side alley. Solar panel is placed between two house side walls but still gets enough charge to light up the lamp (panel can also be ground fitted with spike). Only installed for a couple of weeks and so far so good. ID No. 171092751376 hope that helps.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks Flash, thats what we were worried about, the fact the light wouldn't be bright enough. I will look those up thank you.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent