Saturdays, ............ so what are you having then.

I am having a paella,  nobody else to cook for so it is a ready meal,  it is about the only one I will eat the others taste too salty for me.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Saturdays, ............ so what are you having then.

It's the salt, prezervatives & things like monosodium glutomate in ready meals & processed foods thats responsible for a lot of health problems like headaches etc.
Having pork medallions, chilli infused roasties, cabbage, carrots, rosemary & red onion stuffing balls & a fresh cheese sauce followed by strawberries & greek yoghurt.
Have been batch cooking & made 4 beef curries, 4 chicken madras, 2 braised steak & veg & 2 chicken & mushroom casseroles for the freezer today.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I quite agree Gina,  I don't have them very often and it is usually this one that I have. I prefer to cook from scratch but it wasn't worth it just for me.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I always cook just for me.  I've just had pork loin chops, potatoes onion and parsnips.  He had pizza and beans.

I made a chocolate sponge pudding and custard that we had after lunch.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

We had turkey salad followed by fresh fruit.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

steak, chips, mushrooms and he had tomatoes as well

will havean apple doughnut later probably

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Chicken and ham pie (though did cheat and just popped puff pastry lid on the top), new pots , carrots and green breans

jam roly-poly and custard for pud

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

I'm on my own and always have a proper meal that I've cooked from scratch with fresh ingredients & I work full time. Always have done but now it just means that I can have what I want when I want & don't have to worry about anyone else 😉
Photobucket
Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

I had a stupid moment and put chips in the oven and then did pasta for me and mash for OH!!...doh!!! luckily it was only a small bit of each. We had breaded chicken with it and cabbage. cor what a mix!!!!!

cheese and onion toasties for supper, that's 'cos you had them Chris, they sounded so nice!

Photobucket

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Glad that you enjoyed your cheese and onion toasties CB.  How's the sciatica doing?

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

poached egg on wholegrain toast

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent