Saturday's soggy suggestions.....

as you can tell it's pouring down here, so it was chicken kiev, chips and sprouts..lovely, oh and banana custard for afters, OH had a yukky shop bought apple pie which he likes.

Photobucket

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

For our sizzling Saturday supper we had a sexy salad!  With chicken and hard boiled ducky egg and cheese and Jersey royals and all the rest of it.  Then we had a meringue cheescake.  It was very gloopy!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

good gloopy or bad gloopy?

let's wait for Gina's dinner, it's bound to make me jealous!!!

Photobucket

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

It won't, very simple tonight as I had a buffet lunch at a wedding reception today.Cooked a chicken breast in foil before I went out this morning & just chopped it with some cherry tomatoes & mixed it into an Ainsley Herriot spice sensation cous cous followed by chopped strawberries, blackberries & blueberries topped with far free Greek yoghurt

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

ooooh I don't know, Gina...sounds good to me...

Photobucket

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Looks like I'm gonna have to fight for the spare bed.
I looked at the weather which is dull & cold, looked at the salad which was cold & boring & had a bacon sandwich. lol.
I then looked at my nana & read Ginaps post had a little weep & had an apple. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

Chicken and mushroom pie,jersey royals peas,carrots and celery

Eton mess for pud as still using up the strawbwerries the littlies got from the PYO

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

celery??? hack yak bleurgh....oh no! smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Oh CB I love cooked celery ....... yummmmmm

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

I always add celery to a stew and like it but it had never occurred to me to cook it as a vegetable.  I might give it a try.  Do you just steam it with the other veggies stan?

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Yep or boil it cut into batons along side the carrots

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

I love celery in any state, yummy!

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Will say that when I boil them rather than adding salt to the water I add a stock cube instead (chicken or veg)

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

We had a barbecue for tea last night as we went out for our tea.  I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed but it was nice to be asked out.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

OH doesn't like it either Chris, I love it! but then again if you can whack it in a bun I'm yer man (or coo I should say!!)

Photobucket

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

I had Sweet and Sour Chicken balls with Chips. LuuuvvverlyWoman Happy

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

For those who like celery this is a great recipe from Antonio Carluccio. I've C&P'd it to save time typing it out! 

Comments in brackets are mine... enjoy!

Caponata Sicilian Vegetable Stew

This dish, served cold as an antipasto, is now popular all over Italy. It can be eaten warm as an accompaniment to meat and poultry or used as a pasta sauce.

Serves 4- 6 (Closer to 4 if you only use one aubergine)

1 large onion, chopped
3-4 celery stalks, including leaves, chopped         ( I use a head of celery)
5 tbsp olive oil ( I use 2 tbsp!)
1kg (2 1/4 lb) aubergines, cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) chunks         (I use 1 aubergine)
1 tbsp salted capers, soaked in water for 10 minutes, then drained
20 green olives, stoned
1 tbsp sugar          (I use diabetic sugar substitute, or a tablespoon of raisins or sultanas))
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp concentrated tomato paste diluted with a little water
Salt and pepper

Blanche the onion and celery in lightly salted water for a few minutes, then drain.

Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the aubergine chunks (which you've soaked in cold water for 5 mins, then drain. This will stop the aubergines from absorbing too much oil) and fry until brown and tender (don't over crowd the pan; you will probably have to cook them in batches if you use to total aubergine quantity).

Add the onion, celery and all the remaining ingredients. Stir well, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes on low, removing the lid of the pan towards the end of cooking. Should the sauce require extra moisture, add a tablespoon or two of water during cooking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent