Picture this....

22 year old son, bedroom like a rubbish tip liberally strewn with dirty washing, pop bottles, beer cans and other assorted rubbish. Now picture this poor old mum emptying vacuum cleaner insides fall out into bin, says mum to 22 year old son who lives in a tip please reach in to bin and get my vacuum bit out and he says yuk I'm not putting my hand in there its full of rubbish.

Boys eh!
Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Picture this....

You should have emptied the vacuum cleaner onto his bedroom floor, he wouldn't have noticed. Woman Wink

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

Apparantly its not that bad!
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

your sons bedroom sounds like my daughters flat when she lived on her own her whole flat was a pigs sty apart from her sewing area.her excuse was she was to busy sewing.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

Son came in from work at 10.30. Then decided to tidy his room ! He was still doing it at 3. I can't wait to see it. Gawd knows what time he will get up.
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

bahaahaa,

sorry ed, but I have three 6ft 3 and over boys in the one room.........  mark has autism, so wants his things in a particular order, david has a touch of my OCD and has to have everything at a certain angle, conall couldnt give a toss........... its blerdy bedlam

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

forgot to add the only girl in the family is the worst for mess............ dripping lollies/drinks etc..........clothes strewn everywhere, her room looks like a bomb has hit it

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

Admits that when I was young and lived at home I was much the same and my mum was always screaming at me to tidy up. My son is 6 FOOT 5 and takes size 14 in shoes so you can imagine once he is in a room along with his 20 pairs of shoes and trainers there isn't a lot of room left.
Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

ed. put on the size 14 shoe, and kick him up the ariss with it 

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

Yup Blackadder, I can empathise!  Except for the beer cans as he's only 15 but my son's

room is unbelievablely messy.  We did it all up for him a couple of years ago with new

bed, furniture etc so he had a desk to do his homework and places to put his stuff.  I can't

even see his desk surface and he has some kind of creation in the making that involves

all my sellotape, polestyrene balls, copious amounts of glue, spray paint (which he did do

in the garden I'll admit) and thousands of teeny little bits he's cut off and strewn all over

the place!  His guitars are out of their cases and his school books and papers are everywhere.

When I asked what on earth all the mess was about, he said, "I was looking for my science

homework"!

I told him if he didn't clear it up to at least a manageable state during half term he can have

the tiny room back and I'll make it into a craft studio!

He said it is a manageable state!

I suspect most of our glasses are in-amongst it somewhere too.

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

I know about the glasses found 6 yesterday along with 4 dessert spoons 3 packets of biscuits and an old milk bottle with milk in yuk. If I say anything I get its fine mum stop stressing. Aaarrrggghhh. He is a good boy and has never been any trouble but for his room. We have also threatened him with the small bedroom but that hasnt worked. We bought him a new bed curtains etc thinking he might take a bit of pride in his room.
I think if he had a girlfriend it might be different. Oh well looks like he will be with us for a while yet. As on his wages he can't afford a place of his own and we are not in a position to help him out.
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

I know Blackadder, I am just grateful our youngest son is no trouble, particularly after all the

mares we've had with our eldest, I'm not sure I could go through it all again!  He's a good kid,

has nice friends and is into doing nice, harmless stuff.  He makes me laugh though when he

says he's organised - goodness knows what disorganised looks like!!

He's a bizarre child though - this morning it was pouring with rain and he put his school blazer

on - on top of his coat!  His friend called for him and he had the same coat/blazer arrangement!

The mind boggles!

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

I remember when I first knew my Hubby - way back in 1980/81.  He used to have a bedroom

right up at the top of the house where his mum seldom went up the two flights of stairs.  One

day I collected 32 coathangers off his floor and took them downstairs - his mum was flabbergasted -

she thought they were getting a bit short of hangers!

I said to our son I don't think he'll ever beat his dad for coathangers on the floor (but I think he's

trying!).

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

Yes we get the coathanger thing too.
Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Picture this....

our boys are in a room about 10ft x 6 ft, and a sweaty gene (not me, hubbies fault) triple bunk, small sofa, 40inch tv, ps2/3/4 xbox, and a gaming computer stuck in the corner, along with trundles under the bed for clothes, an attoman which they use for games storage, you couldnt swing a spider never mind a cat.

I briefly look in....... horror.......... the windows always open along with a fan going 24/7

oh and the bin.....more carp

my psych told me to not go in there, let them clean it

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent