Penguin Post

I know im always putting about Animal lovers programmes on here but i dont want anyone to miss anything. 24TH July on BBC1 at 8pm was a beautiful programme from Natural world called Penguin Post. Its about Gentoo Penguins raising their families in the harbour of Port Lockroy in the British Antartic Territory. They have Tourists visit from off the Cruise Ships that pass too see the Penguins, and visit the Post Office they have there. You can post Postcards to family and friends to tell of your visit. The Post Staff open the Post Office from November to March and the programme tells of the Penguin Families ,staff and visitors.

VERY LOVELY Programme and im so glad i did not miss itsad-baby-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gifWoman Very Happy

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Penguin Post

We watched that programme as well Rose.  It was good wasn't it?

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Penguin Post

Stunning,,,,,id even like to do a stint there myself. Lots and lots of Snow and ice dont bother me,,,id love it!!!!!!!!!!!!.Woman Happy

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Penguin Post

I admit to not liking snow and ice.  They're alright on a Christmas card though or the telly.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Penguin Post

I'll come with you Rose, I love snow too! and penguins....I missed it though, might iplayer it.

Photobucket

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Penguin Post

I was looking it up online. It has lots of lovely Penguin Pictures. Woman Happy

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent