No comments on Charles' faux pas?

It used to be his father, Nick the Greek who was famous for indiscretions remarks.  Now it seems Charles is a chip off the old block!  If it came from the mouth of a naive eighteen year old kid, people would just dismiss it, but good God, Charles is not a kid.  It's like the church - they should be above politics.  I don't know whether the Queen is a Tory or BNP - I don't care for that matter, because the Queen's always kept out of politics which is exactly how it should be.  OK so it was a private aside, but remember, when you're in that position you have no private life!  I'm three months older than Charles, so if he wants a tete-a-tete with me I could put him right about a few things! Smiley Wink  

I'm not looking forward to when - or if he ever becomes king - A couple of hundred years ago we were referred to as Georgeans, then Edwardians: when he comes on to the throne, we'll be referred to as a right load of Charlies! Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I think Charles is a funny old stick!!!!!. So aloof when Diana had all the attention and was so old fashioned compared to her. I dont know why he ever married her!!!. Camilla is his soulmate i think,,,shes meant for him. Two funnies together!!!. He has no Gumption at all!!. Woman LOL

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

when my brother was killed he came to glasgow in public he met the survivors and visited the site.but it wasn't made public that he also met the relatives of those who died.

it changed my impression of him, and he came across as a caring and empathic man.also funny in a quiet way 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I don't know the guy , but I also get the impression he is compassionate & caring to the PUBLiC just sometimes he like the rest of us opens his mouth without thinking& unlike his father does feel it keenly when he offends, & I'm not knocking his dad cos he very often says what we would like to but daren't !

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

His remark should be taken strictly in context.

Putins actions in the Crimea and Hitlers actions in the Sudetenland can be compared and considered similar, its not necessarily saying they were right but both were in support of ethnic people in those areas.

Taken as suggesting Putin is acting like Hitler in general is misrepresenting the comment but then the media are good at that.