My son has his first sleepover!

My son has somehow got to age 15 without having a sleepover at someone else's house - we have had a couple at our house, but that was a few years ago. He has Aspergers and as we have moved a few times in the last few years, it has just never happened. We have now lived here 18 months and he is becoming part of a larger circle of friends. They now invite him to hang out in town/go to the cinema/round their houses and even a couple of parties recently. 

I am so happy for him, as he has never been included to such a large extent. 

However this sleepover is round a girl's house! One I have never met. Awkward.

I don't feel equipped to parent a 15yr old. He is sensible, but inexperienced / socially inept. There will be 2 girls and 3 boys there. 

He isn't interested in girls, other than as friends.

He got a girlfirend the summer before last, and promptly ignored her all summer holidays and then we moved away! 

I guess I just need to let go!! But just wish it was only lads.... 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

I'm sure he'll be just fine as he sounds like a sensible & trustworthy enough lad 🙂
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I'm sure he will be fine, there are enough of them at the sleep over to not get up to anything too drastic, a one to one would be a worry but with 3 lads and 2 girls it will probably be loads of giggles and nothing else. I know it is hard to let go of children, but a great credit to you that you have enabled him to have this bit of independence. Try not to worry too much, he will love it.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Brilliant Pix, for him and you.  Let him go, let him enjoy himself - remember his friends know what he is like, they accept and include him, he'll have fun and come back more confident..

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

I dont think theres anything to worry about. I think its a good thing for youngsters and he sounds trustworthy Pix. It will do him the world of good to interact with others of both gender.

Woman Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reassuring words!! He had a great time. Hardly slept though. When everyone else was asleep and he couldn't, he picked up a book and read it. Lol. So rock n roll!

My daughter is away on a ski-ing trip with the school so me an OH were home alone. For the first time ever!

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

I'm glad that your son enjoyed the sleepover.  

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

You will probably find that he wants to host the next sleep over!! They are such good fun for youngsters, so glad he enjoyed it,

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

that's really nice...xx

Photobucket

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Fantastic to hear that his sleepover was successful & that he had a good time in the end 🙂
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Awwwwww im pleased he enjoyed himself..Bless Him!!!!!!!!!!!.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent