My feet have fallen off ................

Well that's woken you up.

My lap-top used to have 4 small round rubber feet underneath. As it got warm, the glue softened and 2 of the feet sort of slid out of place and attached themselves to other things.

I have carefully saved the "feet" and have cleaned off all the sticky residue. I have also very carefully cleaned all the sticky residue off the computer.

However, I have tried sticking them back on with a variety of adhesives - none of which has proved to be effective for longer than a day or two.

So if anyone has any sensible suggestions as to what I can try next it would be appreciated.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Epoxy super ...... the one where you have to mix the two tubes together Has worked on every thing the kids or Mr S has ever broken

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

My huabands favoured form of glue Aruldite I think that's what it is called. Same as what stan said. My OH uses it for everything too.
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Gorilla glue!

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

You're right Stroppy - it did waken up.  Sorry but I can't help with what to stick your computer feet on with.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

You could try st.....oh wait 'sensible ideas'.....

*swims to far side of bowl and sulks*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Thought fish were renown for their brain waves .......................... oh no my mistake that was "making waves" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

blue tac...a tiny bit on the bottom of each foot. Press hard onto the computer and it won't move one bit. I love the stuff. I used to use it to keep my blue and white collection still on my dresser, as the floor was a bit bouncy in our other house and stuff would move!

Photobucket

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Well, "himself" tried the hot glue gun and one "foot" has fallen off already.

Blu-tac doesn't work - it goes soft when it gets warm, but I do have some clear "museum gel" somewhere (museums use it to keep exhibits in place) - might try that if it can be found, and if that doesn't work then it will be the Araldite.

Mind you, the poot is going to be back with the repair man tomorrow as it STILL has an intermittent fault.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

No More Nails - I've used it for everything, from ornaments to sticking down the corner of one of the cobbles in the driveway!  I'll be using it tomorrow to stick up my Fairy Door Swap on garden gate.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Agree with rainy its super strong stuff , we used it to stick a fairy door on a tree m02105.gif