Look at my beautiful flowers

P1016140.JPGP1016143.JPG

These little beauties are Aquilegias and I have hundreds in my garden of all different colours, I have about 10 different colours ,the first one is a pale blue, and the other one dark pink and cream.  They are so pretty, sadly when they dye off they look a mess, and they seed everywhere, but whilst they are in flower I will make the most of them.

Message 1 of 39
See Most Recent
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Look at my beautiful flowers

Sob! Sob!!. I haven't got a garden anymore!.

**********Sam**********
Message 21 of 39
See Most Recent

Have you got a yard or a verandah, Sam, they will grow anywhere including pots, I find them growing all over the place.

Message 22 of 39
See Most Recent

I have a tiny little courtyard & yes your right I could have planters I've only got one at the moment as I didn't really bring anything with me from the farm it has a flowering four leafed clover in it that belonged to my gran, I'll probably think about it more later on when I have more time to plan what I need, the thing I miss the most are my cottage garden plants & shrubs. & veggies!.

**********Sam**********
Message 23 of 39
See Most Recent

i also think they are called poor mans orchids

@saasher2012 wrote:
Are they also called grannies bonnet?

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 24 of 39
See Most Recent

Yes I think I've heard that one as well, they really are a lovely plant!.

**********Sam**********
Message 25 of 39
See Most Recent

My garden is like Maggie's - cottagey and allowed to do what it likes really.   I keep splitting everything and filling in the gaps - no gaps - no weeds.  Thanks for that cookie, I didn't know they were known by that name.

My neighbours garden is perfect - like a park - and - this is true - they were riddling the gravel to take out the moss and bits that accumulate - washing it with a hose and then putting it back - eh?  We are good friends and she's always asking 'do you not think you should cut back that clematis/geum/cranesbill a bit', lol - and the answer is - no!  She is some woman.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 26 of 39
See Most Recent

That's a very lovely 'wild'.

I've taken a pic of an aquilegia in my neighbours strip of border which is all covered over with black plastic and stones, but one got through and it keeps coming up every year - originally from one I planted in my garden next to them, but mine has 'moved' around the corner somehow - LOL.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 27 of 39
See Most Recent

That's a pretty one, I haven't got one of those.   I am amazed how many different ones there are, most of mine came from my parents, but they don't look like the ones I have. Isn't nature amazing.

Message 28 of 39
See Most Recent

They are lovely and all so different.

That one has somehow 'done it's own thing' because it's not quite like the original one I bought.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 29 of 39
See Most Recent

She is very pretty and yes nature is amazing.  My garden is what keeps me sane - I just get lost out there - I pay for it in terms of fatigue cos I'm not supposed to do anything heavy, eeerm like moving 6' conifers, well they ain't gonna move themselves- I just drop - into shower and into bed, but I don't care the results are worth it.  I look out in the morning (or whenever I surface) and think 'I did that'.  I'm very modest too Woman LOL

Message 30 of 39
See Most Recent

Good for the soul and keeps your mind off of other things.

Message 31 of 39
See Most Recent

How true Ed heart  Got to move now, see you all later.

Message 32 of 39
See Most Recent

I've got loads of aqualeigas in allsorts of lovely colours, most of them just self-seed every year.

They are so pretty.  Our garden is just kind of, well some would call it untidy and some would

call it wild, but if a beautiful flower seeds itself then I am honoured and let it stay.

The other day I saw somw gorgeous mauve poppies growing on wasteland by the side of

the North Circular Road in London - I "borrowed" a few of the baby ones and have replanted them

in our garden.

Everywhere is so pretty this time of year, so colourful and lush.

I have aqualeiga seeds if people want them, assorted colours but lots of mauve ones.

Message 33 of 39
See Most Recent

I get loads of yellow poppies that seed themselves everywhere. They are so pretty. I even let the odd dandelion stay if it's in amongst the flowers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 34 of 39
See Most Recent

They are Welsh Poppies unless they are shiny in which case they are African. I have them all over...and aquileaga. The evening primroses grow everywhere except where I want them as do foxgloves , violets and cowslips. Won`t mention the forget me nots ! Its all gone a bit wild as its too much to cope with .

Message 35 of 39
See Most Recent

We used to get Lily of the valley growing through the tarmac on the drive.  Such a delicate dainty little flower yet it could force it's way through an inch of solid tar!!  We were inundated with foxgloves too!

Message 36 of 39
See Most Recent

Phizz that sounds like my garden. Yes they are welsh poppies. I also have foxgloves that pop up everywhere. I do usually move them to the borders. The rain of the last few days is really giving them all a battering!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 37 of 39
See Most Recent

I have welsh poppies and they are everywhere.

Message 38 of 39
See Most Recent

i have something yellow that self seeds

i'll try for a photo later

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 39 of 39
See Most Recent