Kitchen chaos

Have just had a new gas ch boiler installed; now in the process of getting a new kitchen (think the old one is about 30 years old!) Ive got boxes everywhere. It's only when you start to empty kitchen cupboards that you realise how much you have collected over the years! Do I really need all those plastic containers? I think not. And cups? And plates? I dont think there will be as much cupboard space in the new one, so a good chance to have a clear out.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Kitchen chaos

We do collect stupid amounts of stuff don't we.  I must have at least 30 dinner plates.  I never have anyone for dinner so we only ever use two!!  Woman LOL

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Kitchen chaos

Oddly I have too many plates but never enough bowls

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Kitchen chaos

It was interesting clearing out the drawers and finding a few utensils that I forgot I had and will probably never use. And I found at least 4 tin openers......Woman Happy

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Kitchen chaos

@chickengrandma-2008 wrote:

We do collect stupid amounts of stuff don't we.  I must have at least 30 dinner plates.  I never have anyone for dinner so we only ever use two!!  Woman LOL

If you do the maths that means you don't need to wash up for 15 days......   Result...

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Kitchen chaos

Love that idea . lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Kitchen chaos

Yes, all I've got to do now is get enough pots and pans and cutlery and cups to last 15 days too and my dishwasher can have a rest!  Woman LOL

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Kitchen chaos

I have loads of utensils i dont even use,,some i dont even know what their for. They look like Medieavel torture contraptions!!!! LOL.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Kitchen chaos

We had our kitchen done around 8 or 9 years ago and we have more cupboard space now and each one is full.  At one spell, we must have had about 3 dinner services.  We've got rid of a couple of them and, like what CG said, we only use the same two plates.  We also use the same cups and we don't bother with saucers.  The dishwasher gets a regular work out though - I wash the dishes and my mum wipes them.  At least I still work when there's a power cut whereas a dishwasher wouldn't.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent