It wasn't me!

£73,000,000.00 one winner on last night's Euromillions.  I looked at my numbers, looked ap at the sky and said: "How much for my soul."

The Old Boy's a bit mutton jeff after about forty billion years, so I'll have to shout it out next timeSmiley LOL  Either that, or He reckon's I'm worth a lot more.  For those who want to increase their chances, try the sinner's prayer: "Lord, I know I'm a sinner, but please, make me a winner.  Amen.

I have to do it in secret.

"Another £2.00 you've wasted ....."

First thing on the list would be a nice plot of land - nothing too grand, about 10' X 5' and an asbestos suitcase so I can take it with me (fireproof) 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

It wasn't me!

oh imagine that.....I don't want that much though, just one million would well do me........

Photobucket

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

Tell you what Captn B.... if you DO win too much, keep what you wan't and I'll take the rest of your hands Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

Just think - with that sort of money tou could start a war!  Well, the fool who started the First World War started it with a bullet, and Ferdinand wasn't the intended target!  The man couldn't even shoot straight!  

In this country, seventy-three million wouldn't last forever.  If you don't believe me, cast your mind back to what your wages were when you first started work.  How much your first house was.  The person who sold it to you probably thought he was on Easy Street for life.  If you spend money like there's no tomorrow, taking inflation into account,  it would probably last you in the region of eighteen years.  No, money like that only comes once in many lifetimes.  I'd get it out of this country just as quiclky as possible.  An enormous amount of good could come of it, but not in this country.  Nobody would want to live in a palace, but with planning, and low wages, like in Calcutta, for instance, that type of money could build an entire town, with businesses to generate more income, so that the populace would be in a position to create positive employment and work themselves out of the poverty trap.  Before everybody say I don't know what it's like out there, I do.  My late father was out in Rangoon for four years tied up in the aircraft industry, so I've seen real poverty on the side of the road while not five miles away people were driving round in their Bentleys.  A country of extremes.  

Sorry if I've come across a bit heavy - it's just my heart is not made of stone.   Some people look on that as a weakness - so I'm weak (shrug).  It's the way I came out of the mold.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

Now that's the Frederick we like! Good on ya!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

Smiley LOLAlmost worth a Kudo, eh?  I'm signing off - it's a lovely day.  I'm going to sit outside in the garden on my recliner.  It leans right back like a dentist's chair, and I'm normally in the land of Nod within fifteen minutes.  Each afternoon at  about four-o-clock a male blackbirds sits on the television arial and sings to me for nearly an hour.  When that happens, all in the world is fine.  The most amazing thing about a male blackbird is he'll never whistle the same tune twice.  You listen to it the next time one starts up.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

Your wish is my command. lol. Enjoy your snooze!

**********Sam**********
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

BLESS YOU!!  (HUGS & XXX'S!). Smiley Very Happy  My very first kudo - I'm going to take a photo of that and have it framed!

As I woke up the blackbird was in full song, and my mind drifted back to Wicker's World - yes, that's how old I am!  On this particular occasion he was interviewing a bird man, who earned the equivilent of what Alan Wicker was on.  For a phenominal sum of money he would visit all the large hotels and farms in India - it required a minimum of one acre of land, and without any bread or birdseed, he would call all the birds of every variety to his feet.  Even more amazing was the fact that each bird sat with it's own kind.  Within ten minutes, you could have a hundred-odd crows all on the ground together, followed by a flock of starlings, sparrows - every conceivable bird you could think of.  it was absolutely amazing.  He then just walked up to any bird, picked up up as you'd do to a cat, and talk to it.  Then he would go in the house, and all the birds would fly off as per normal.  He always made a point of being at least 100 miles from his next port of call so that people couldn't accuse him of making pets of any of them.  Even more amazing was when somebody played back the tape recording of it the next day, nothing happened.  His explanation was that he was able whistle at a frequency inaudible to man.  The gift was handed from generation to generation and sadly, his was the last to be taught it.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

What a lovely story to wake up to Frederick, please keep them coming I enjoyed it very much.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

A lovely story indeed. I wish I had seen that. (Am old enough) lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

It wasn't me!

We all used to watch it.  It was at a time when I and a handful of others at boarding school were able to talk sensibly about Wicker's World and compare notes.  We weren't boasting, because we had nothing to prove, but many of the places Alan Wicker had visited were familiar to us.  We were all in the same boat with high flying carreer parents, none of us realising that flying out to the Far East first class would be out of the question if we'd had to pay our own way!  If only I'd been just a few years older I would have been in a position to appreciate it.  If I went back to Burma (Myanmar) I'd be put up in a recently built hotel.  Then - in the early sixties I was living in real Burma with rats the size of cats and scorpions scuttling across the living room floor.  Far more educational than any geography lesson  - I'm not even sure if they still teach it, do they?

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent