Inspiration sought for what to include in wedding picnic hampers please.

I would be very grateful for some ideas of what to put in a picnic hamper for wedding guests please.

I have had an idea that my daughter quite likes the sound of and that is as she and her H2B want a large evening do with pig roast that for a mid day sit down, to have picnic hampers with lots of nice goodies in suitable for varied ages including children. I would like to put some nice fancy things in it perhaps things that you wouldn't normally get in an every day picnic basket, but things that would be substantial enough to fill a hungry guest.

I am thinking things that can be prepared in the week of the wedding by myself as caterers are an extra cost we need to do without. We are planning approximately 10 hampers with enough in each for 10 guests.

I have thought of a few but am stuck for a variety of sweet and savoury. Things so far........Skewers with chicken but what else? a fancy cup cake (matching wedding cake, strawberry Jam with scone and pot of clotted cream. Salad.

What type of things do you/would you like and think would be a good choice to include, any ideas will be most appriciated, and do you think it is a nice idea, as the wedding will be slightly vintagey thank you.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

You can make a sort of quiche but without pastry, when cold it cuts easily into squares. You can include sliced new potato, cheese,onion,peppers if liked,corned beef or tuna,sweetcorn, any mix really even cold sausage, this makes a meal like a brunch. It could be wrapped in silver foil for the picnic which I think is a brilliant idea, hope the weather is wonderful.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Little bite size pasties. my mum called them Tiddy Oggies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

What about those party size sausage rolls ? Ok some people might take them in a picnic basket but they can be made or bought cheaply and would help fill the basket.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Cherry toms, cheese straws, celery,mini pork pies , dips,choklit, cup cakes, lemon muffins.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Individual mini wrapped cheeses and crackers, chocolate brownies, voluvents, fruit salad, scotch egg, mini pork pie.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Frittata, pate and french bread, Falafels, strawberries and cream, cupcakes

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Forgot to add I think the idea is wonderfully different 🙂

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

What a lovely idea

If you are going vintage what about a few slightly kitch things like individual jellies or sandwiches cut into  shapes with biscuit cutters?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please bear in mind that what you think I said may not be what I think I meant
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

oooooooo, thank you so much everyone, I have made a note of each and every one.Smiley Happy

Although I have to admit to having to google falafels. They look delicious and I think they might very well be a good addition.

Never thought of jelly either, probably a good one for the kiddies.

Ta muchly. xxxxx

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

How about including wraps and containers of different fillings so that people can make their own? - Diced chicken, shredded beef and pork, salad, cheese for veggies, coleslaw, ham etc etc...

Chocolate Tiffin

Don't forget to include wet wipes for fingers!

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent