I didn't know this!

about BT pricing

Pricing area

Our pricing varies depending on where you are. In areas where there's competition from other broadband providers, our prices are lower than in areas where BT Wholesale is the only broadband supplier. Exchange areas 1 & 2 means that we're the only service provider in the area. Exchange area 3 means there is more than one service provider in the area so we are able to offer a lower price.

Doesn't seem fair.

still sig
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

I didn't know this!

they could try to get everyone online now that would be a help, especially here in this area where some villages can't get a service at all!!!

Photobucket

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

I didn't know this!

How do you know what number your area is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I didn't know this!

It's a fact the. Rural areas always have bad or none existent service it is supposed to be getting better but it's a long time coming!.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I didn't know this!

We have just had fibre optic installed in the village so we thought we would go online and see how much extra it would be to change, to our suprise and annoyance the deal we could get is almost half of what we pay now, we are just out of contract, you would think (not) that they would contact you and say that we are paying too much for something we should be paying less than half for, (make sense)

Will be sorting later,  £34 for unlimited broadband, unlimited phone,  now we are paying £55 for same thing but not fibre optic. huh

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

I didn't know this!

that's one of the other annoying things. They no longer tell you when you out of contract and can therefore take up some of the offers for reduced charges. When I asked why they said that they stopped telling people because they had too many complaints about the calls they were making.

Our broadband is next to useless. Fibre optic is available at the exchange now but not to our number yet.

Can't remember how I got to the page with the price banding but it was on the BT site. I'll try and find it.

still sig
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I didn't know this!

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

We have just had fibre optic installed in the village so we thought we would go online and see how much extra it would be to change, to our suprise and annoyance the deal we could get is almost half of what we pay now, we are just out of contract, you would think (not) that they would contact you and say that we are paying too much for something we should be paying less than half for, (make sense)

Will be sorting later,  £34 for unlimited broadband, unlimited phone,  now we are paying £55 for same thing but not fibre optic. huh

ed we pay between 28 and 35 a month from tiscali not fibre optic but that is in our area.we get a good speed for us.the only reason mine go to 35 is mobiles abroad are not covered on free calls and my daughter lives abroad..

i am not sure if i would ever go with bt even if they were a lot cheaper as loads od my collegues hgave had so many problems with bt

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent