I attended my first heavy metal gig last night!!!

mouse4702
Conversationalist

And I'm 52!!!  Don't like metal, too often it's a racket, but I have been befriended by a local band who play fantastically musical, intelligent and witty metal, and I went to support them.  It was a hell of an experience.  In MadDonalds at 3am, with leather-clad musos, the lead singer said the only people you find in Maccy D's at that hour are other rock musicians.... and he was right!  The lads at the next table were on the way home from another gig!  Hells bells I'm tired today though...

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

sounds like you had a great time though....good for you!!!

Photobucket

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

It sounds wonderful Mouse - so glad you enjoyed it.  You'll be going again I take it.  I've never heard of such an event locally.  Good for you.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Am jelus!!! Love rock music...goth, industrial, metal and not been to a gig for over a year. March Violets were the last band I saw. Can't beat a live gig, bet you had a fab time.
Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Ahhhh Mouse good for you,,,you little Rocker you!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I think local gigs can be very good and i have been to lots in my time. Not now though!!!!. Enjoy Dancing Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.xxxxx

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Cheers, guys! xxx  I could get to like it..... bit noisy, but the camaraderie was great, got hugged loads of times, and got my first taste of Jim Beam.  You are so right, you can't beat the live experience.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Not into Heavy rock myself, but OH loves it, he is off to the Download festival next month for 5 days, he has been for the last 5 years.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Wow Mouse lucky you glad you enjoyed it ,  reading your post brought back  so many happy memories of my younger years .   It wasnt mac D's then it was motorway cafes Cat Very Happy

Heavy metal is only a good night if you leave with your ears ringing.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent