I am bloomin fed up with duvets.

I have just spent 2 hours sorting out my airing cupboard, you know the drill, open the door and everything falls out so there comes a time it has to be sorted. Because we have just changed over to summer duvets, I needed to put the winter ones away, managed to get enough room the put everything back, duvets went into the vacuum bag, air got sucked out and I managed to get it in the airing cupboard, cupboard lovely and tidy and another job done, I closed the  door, turned around to walk away and tripped over......yes you've guessed it another duvet that I forgot to put in the bag, and it really isn't going to fit in the cupboard not in a million years.

I have now put it in a cover and put it on the bed where it will have to live and I will have to take it off every night.  Time wasted not really I suppose, but I could have been doing other things and life really is too short.

What sort of jobs do you do knowing it will only get messed up again in a few days.

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

What sort of jobs do you do knowing it will only get messed up again in a few minutes...........

Vacuuming the lounge - it's a small one bed home and I vacuum the lounge, pop out to put some rubbish out or feed the birds and come back to find loads of stuff has blown in!

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Cooking! An hour before hand to prepare it, another hour watching over it and half an hour clearing away and washing up after it. And they demolish it in 10 minutes!!!

And don't get me started on cutting the grass..........

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

We have a dog ...a dally with millions of short white hairs ....need I say more ?

It might be better to hoover the dog !
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Hoover the dog, now there's a good idea.

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

I used to do that - he loved it when the hose was run down his back - had it on a low setting so it didn't suck him up, but he got a gentle massage.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

I have 2 dogs, I think one would love it, but the other one would run a mile and never come back.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

It's the time of year for the dog moult my dogs lost so much hair & I seemed to have gained it in,& on everything, I'm constantly hoovering but I still seem to end up with a hairy bottom, don't ask! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

the kitchen....it doesn't matter how long it takes me to get it all nice and tidy, and clean....along comes OH. plonks tray and dinner plate down on the table, takes the empty milk carton and puts that on the draining board...er, can't you put it in the recycling box????? and it goes on and on and on.

sometimes having a husband is like having a toddler for the rest of your life!!!!!

Photobucket

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Sometimes????

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

If you need to store a duvet,  take off the mattress, lay duvet out flat and put mattress back on top.

Works fine usually, unless when the time comes to change again, you forget where you put it.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

But I use double duvets on single beds mustard, they might look a bit strange, hanging out all round the edges!! LOL

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Dusting,,,the dust in this flat is horrendous. And hoovering hair up every couple of days. the sun comes out and its all rolling round my dining room table and collecting strangely right round the outer edges of the kitchen floor. Oh and hoovering the bed every night or getting a rubber glove on to get the cat hair off. My flat is very clean but i still think its dirty if i see hair or litter anywhere. Im fastidious when it comes to the cat, cat bowl,bed and round the litter tray and in it of course. She only has to do a little poopy or a wee and its taken out and put down the shute in a bag!!!. Otherwise it smells.Woman Frustrated

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Rose have you tried that pelleted wood one ..it turns to sawdust when its been wee`d on and just smells of pine even after being used. That grey clayey stuff is the work of the devil. I keep a tray in the bathroom, solids can be scooped and flushed  Doesn`t need changing every day . easy peasy

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

I wonder how many people put animal poo down the loo.  It's a thing I've never done and never even thought of doing!  I can't think of any reason not to do it (as long as your aim is good) but just the thought of it makes me cringe!!

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

For me its cleaning windows ,  i have huge windows that take ages to get smear free ...... then the cat sits on teh ledge & makes nose prints on the glass or worse sneezes  :O!

Well i dont think Bubbles would like the pellets feel beneath her paws but i have not tried it so i will give it a go Phizz!!!. The greay granully one is what i use but this seems to get trailed right down the hallway and into rooms as its getting stuck in her feet!!!!. I know you can get perfumed ones ha ha ha .

I went to someones house who had just emptied cat litter and i suspect poo down their toilet!!!. I went to use the loo and it was all granually on the toilet seat. DISGUSTING!!!!!!. And the place stincks of cat poo!!!!!. Combined with the heat of radiators aswell. YUKKKKKY YUK. I dont smell mine at all but im just fastidious about keeping it clean as i said.Woman Frustrated

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent