How is Autumn treating you?

Everyone looking forward to winter, have you got your winter woolies out yet, wellies and a row boat here today, 30mm of rain apparantly.
Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

No winter woollies here yet ed but it started raining here at around 5pm.  It's still pretty mild during the day but it's much cooler at night.

Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

Hello

I have my woolies out but mild in the South however very fresh & cool in the early evening/nightime & early morning  Woman Wink

Beautiful colors that is for sure as I look outside my balcony to the beautiful trees & other plants

Looking forward to winter time & hope it will snow for a couple of days at least over ChristmasWoman Very Happy

Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

I for one hope that it doesn't snow.  I hate the white stuff.

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

Ummm... this may not be a good time to point out that not only has there been a big El Nino in the Pacific this year ( which usually gives us a colder winter ) and that the sea never properly warmed up around the UK this summer...?

Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

Hello

I am sorry to hear that you do not "like the white stuff" as I understand that it can be a nightmare for some people when it snows & temperatures are below zero

However I do understand when someone does not like the sun or the snow but I love all the seasons really & looking forward to staying at friends who live near the Downs &  who have a great open fire place & make use of it as much as I can = squat my friend's comfy seat next to it Woman LOLWoman Very Happy

Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

i am looking forward to the winter.I am not a sun worshiper.prefer snowmen.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

I'm not one for sunbathing but I do like it when it's warm and sunny.  When we have snow, going out in the car is a no no especially if it freezes.  We always stock up well for winter in case we get stuck we get stuck in.

Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

most winters we get snowed in here but it doesnt bother me any more, we always have plenty of food in and stock up on coal and oil so we manage well. It is already pretty cold and we have had some high winds for the past few days, and a fair bit of rain, but not to worry - it will soon be Spring again.

Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

Don't know why but I was very cold today ...wearing my down gilet in the house and moaning to OH that he needed to put the log burner on ( he refused stating central heating was already on ). That was around lunchtime ....

Its now bedtime and I am in my jim jams and dressing gown and am boiling hot ( still no fire on )......so maybe its just me ...

Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

I hate the winter - I am a hot weather person.  

That said, I am determined not to close my backdoor until after November 1st (it's been open since I got back to the UK in August) or the upstairs windows (ditto) and I don't use the heating in the house at all- just layers and a wooly hat - unless I have guests.  

I put my summer clothes away a few weeks ago, and got out the winter stuff - though the hats and scarves are still packed, as well as the winter layers.  Ever since I packed up, the darned weather has been almost summery, though!  Roll on spring, though - once the clocks have changed, it seems to last forever: going to work in the dark, coming back in the dark... and then there's the days it barely gets light at all 😞  Mind you, at least in Liverpool, days like that are quite rare - when I lived in the NE, we very rarely saw a blue sky, and much of winter was half dark.  Roll on spring, I say!

(Actually, I'll be fair - it's not this side of Christmas that's the problem: but late January and February - it feels like there's no end in sight...)

Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

Hello millielilac          

Hope that you are not going down with a cold Woman Sad

Lots of ginger with lemon &  & honey & drink it very hot throughout the day = works for me Woman Wink

Hope  you feel better & it is not a clod coming up Woman Very Happy

Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

Millielilac, there's not much blue sky in the Liverpool area this mornin is there?  I agree with you that the weather hasn't been too bad here so far.  When it snows however, the estate where I live tends to get stuck in.  The council don't even grit the main road near here which just happens to be a bus route hence the fact the bus company take off our one and only bus.  You can drive anywhere if it's too bad and if you could manage to walk to the bus stop, the buses are off so basically we are stumped.

Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

Very mild here today, I love the colours of autumn and the signs of new life in the spring. I also love snowy days. I dont mind any weather so long as it's not unbearably hot.
Central heating has only been in once so far. Long may it continue. .I heard that about El Ninio too, better panic buy soon haha
Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

Should have put 'can't' drive anywhere instead of 'can drive'.  It was early this morning and my fingers hadn't woken up properly.

Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

That's the idea ed ! fill the freezer with bread and buy a sack of potatoes because then you can have stacks of chip butties  Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

Oh gawd DC...now I want a chip buttie for lunch Woman Very Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

Very funny DC . Mind you at the moment it feels more like summer here.
Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

I'm chuffin' freezin'...and have been for weeks now, I don't usually feel the cold but this year I can't seem to get warm.

Its been quite nice here today but it's going cold and damp now.

I can't stand January or February, they are "no" months, dreary, damp, bleak..etc.

I love the spring though, well all the seasons really.

Photobucket

Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

I love the colours of autumn, but the fallen leaves are a nightmare. They are slippery, especially if wet, they get in the house stuck to my wheelchair tyres, and when they rot all the disgusting rotting stuff gets all over the carpets.

Snow and ice are really dangerous as my tyres won't grip and I end up with little control  over where I am going.

Aches and pains are always worse in the cold.

I do love the sunshine, although I have to stay in the shade as I burn.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent