How is Autumn treating you?

Everyone looking forward to winter, have you got your winter woolies out yet, wellies and a row boat here today, 30mm of rain apparantly.
Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

My comment was meant as a joke ed just as I thought yours was.

Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

My comment was a joke, and I took your response as a joke too. !!!!!
Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

In this area ed "very funny" is meant as a sarcastic comment meaning it is not funny at all , just goes to show you how a few simple words can have different connotations in the manner they are projected. A bit like aye right is two positives and yet here it is a negative meaning "no way".

Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

stroppy, this might be a bloody stupid question but is there not something like snow chains for a car for wheelchairs ?

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

@dark_castle1 wrote:

stroppy, this might be a bloody stupid question but is there not something like snow chains for a car for wheelchairs ?

It's not a stupid question, but no there aren't - think of bicycle wheels, I don't think it could work as it would make the "ride" too bumpy. Part of the problem is that the tyres are so narrow, the area actually in contact with the pavement is very small. I deliberately choose tyres with a tread pattern - many wheelchair tyres are pretty smooth.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

If someone thought it worthwhile and went ahead to make a snow chain, wouldn't they pick a chain with a suitably small pitch to lessen the bumps?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent