How about forming a political discussion board?

People tend to discuss everything under the sun on these forums without fear of it being too contraversial.  It seems though, that few people have dared bring up the bombing of Iraq, except yours truly, daring to mention my own political ideals of whether it is correct for the British Government to become involved and even more contraversially, the apparant aproval by certain individuals.  How about starting a political board, or did George Orwell (1984) get political opression wrong by some thirty years?

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Try the Round Table... they love political rants especially if they can be backed up by quotes from the Daily Mail

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

I think that Subject would be better on RT,,, its a bit more Loving and lighthearted on Here. Not too Serious you know. But its an important subject no less Fred!!!.Woman Happy

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

you wont get them to make a board,  they got rid of more boards a few years ago

i agree thats more  RT  stuff, generally  was  after they killed the Nags head

they might allow you to have a Group

then you just need to get people there  to chat. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Maybe on the RT Fred,  I get enough political discussion at home, as the OH and I have opposing views so it can get a bit heated, so I try not to get involved on here.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Defo not my kind of thread, thanks.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

You might find that politcal discussions can become rather heated as people have very different views on subjects ........
Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

I agree with Ed.  I don't even allow Question Time on any more, makes me want to throw something at the telly Woman LOL  I'm with Billy Connolly I want to stand in the public gallery and shout 'Liars' Woman LOL

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Slightly off topic, but Billy Connelly should have a sub title box ar the bottom of the screen.  When he gets excited I can't make out two words what he says and by the time I have, he's five jokes further on!  Maybe he should try taking up politics - there are enough comedians in the house taking the Pilsner out of us as it is, so one more wouldn't do any harm.

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

All contibutors out there who have had the courtesy to reply:

I can't quite make out the small print, but I sure can make out the headlines: "No politics on this board!"  Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Never mind Fred! Why don't you start a thread of your stories I found them amusing & very enjoyable interspersed with a few jokes?

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

I dont want to really get into Political debates,,they can go on forever and nothings changing at the moment.Woman Indifferent

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Having survived the referendum debate up here in Scotland along with all the unpleasantness that it caused I have had enough of politics for a little while. I am taking the "keep your head down" line. Sorry Fred it would have been fun another time.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent