Honeycomb Recipe

Just wondered if anyone has a recipe for Honeycomb please (Cinder Toffee)? My friend was watching a programme where they were making it and all she knows is that it had bicarb in it. I said I would look on the 'net for her, but also thought some of you peeps might have a recipe? Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Honeycomb Recipe

Thanks, Chips; I've copied it out for her.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Honeycomb Recipe

sorry no, but I love the stuff....especially the one covered in chocklit...

Photobucket

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Honeycomb Recipe

I don't have a recipe but I'm sure you'll get one easily enough.  It's basically a toffee recipe (sugar, water and syrup ) then when it's all dissolved you put the bicarb in and it  froths up!Woman LOL

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Honeycomb Recipe

try you tube for videos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Honeycomb Recipe

It's known down  here as Hokey Pokey, I use it for ice cream. This is the recipe I use - either eat it quickly or store for a little while in an airtight tin -  it goes sticky very quickly.

100 grams caster sugar 

4 tablespoons golden syrup

1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda

Method

1. Put the sugar and syrup into a saucepan and stir together to mix. You mustn't stir once the pan's on the heat, though.
  2. Place the pan on the heat and let the mixture first melt, then turn to goo and then to a bubbling mass the colour of maple syrup - this will take 3 minutes or so.
  3. Off the heat, whisk in the bicarbonate of soda and watch the syrup turn into a whooshing cloud of aerated pale gold. Turn this immediately onto a piece of reusable baking parchment or greased foil.
  4. Leave until set and then bash at it, so that it splinters.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Honeycomb Recipe

Thanks, Chips; I've copied it out for her.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Honeycomb Recipe

oooooooh nom nom......

Photobucket

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Honeycomb Recipe

Its a B***R for the teeth but its LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!. YumMY

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent