Having a Shower Fitted

Due to disability, I am unable to get in and out of the bath, so asked council if I could have a shower instead.

Went for assessment  in March, and they agreed I needed a level access shower and said it would be done in about 6 months, which would be around September.

Got written confirmation 4 weeks later, saying about 5 months.

This morning, I got a phone call from a contractor, asking if he could come and measure up for the shower and get my floor colour preference.

He came and did what he had to do, and said that it would not be long until it was done.

That was a quick 6 months.   Could be that they started on my neighbour`s shower across the landing today and made sense to do mine while they are here.  Same block, same floor.

But since when did council and common sense belong in the same sentence.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Having a Shower Fitted

That sounds a lot like our council.  Last September, they altered the way that they collected the rubbish for recycling.  To be honest, it was better before they altered it.  Some weeks, it can be around 7.30pm before they come round here and some weeks, they don't come until the day after.  They collect the rubbish now in smaller vehicles which, of course, are brand new.  I bet that the bird brain that thought of it has no common sense whatsoever.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Having a Shower Fitted

Well daughter had a new bathroom fitted by Council, they did the whole block.  Cheapest kit they could find.  Well, 3 months in and the handle breaks off(plastic) Replacement handle(metal) fits really well, flushes easily - what's the betting the contractor's getting billed. 

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Having a Shower Fitted

I said "since when did council and common sense belong in the same sentence"

When common sense does slip into the equation, it tends to throw me for some reason.

It is just not expected.

Contractors are working on neighbours bathroom and making a lot of noise

Photobucket
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Having a Shower Fitted

It will make such a difference to you that's for sure. We have a huge walk in shower the previous owners put in, they had the bath taken out. It's better for me as I can't get out of a bath either. Sometimes I miss a good soak though.

Photobucket

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Having a Shower Fitted

We have one of those deep stand alone baths, water up past your adam's apple, but I've only been in it twice.  I'm scared I won't be able to get out with my hip!!

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Having a Shower Fitted

Good for you Mustard, I hope they do a good job for you and you like the finished room, make your life easier too.  Do you have to decorate it, or do they do it (ever the optimist me).  

Remember you'll need to put a shelf to put some of your many 'collectables' on, lol.  Enjoy Woman Happy

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Having a Shower Fitted

You may laugh Rainy, but many a true word spoken in jest.

With the bath taken out and the shower only taking a small space in the corner, there will be loads of room for storing collectables.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent