Garden Gear scarifier from Clifford James & motor failed?

Who purchased a Garden Gear scarifier off Clifford James & motor failed ? Where 2buy spare brushes?  Clifford James are singularly useless and despite very limited use of the machine they say out of guarantee.  I think the brushes were poor quality and failed so to save the purchase cost I want to replace to test theory.

jinxstani

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

If you got a manual with it take a look and see if the manufacturer is named on it and go to them.  To be honest think you'll find the spares, if available, will equate to buying a new machine.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

What on earth is a scarifier?

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

A scarifier is a lawn rake I think Fishie.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Fishie:  A scarifier basically rakes the moss, dead grass, mulchings etc out of the lawn leaving it looking thin and scraggly and a mess.  An aerator  either slits or leaves plugholes in the lawn leaving it looking even more of a mess. If it doesn't look a mess you haven't done it right.  A few months later and you should have a nice lawn

Years of explaining to customers just why their lawns look like that Man Surprised

'tis Guardpig being lazy. LOL

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Oh thank-you, I hoped it wasn't as its name might suggest - a thing for scaring pussycats!!

My mind was boggling at the motorised bit lol! 

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

We rent one every year to take the moss out of the lawn.  Oh how my husband loves his lawn (and is it lovely and totally weed free, he has a blue fit if he sees a dandelion), he even likes cutting the grass, which is good cos I loathe doing it.  The scarifier takes out mountains of moss - I know cos I help to rake it into piles and then put into bags for the recycling placie.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Can you send him down here Rainy? Our lawn is a disgrace! But Onions loves picking the dandelions and blowing the dandelion clocks!

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Oh and your sig reminded me of a track long forgotten xxx

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent