Foreign Currency

Can anyone give me some advice?. I have various notes and change in Foreign recent money in my place that has collected from holidays ect. Can you still go into a bank and change it back into English money like you used to be able too?. Its not older money it would be all currency from the last ten years. Or is there anywhere else that changes it up for you?. Thanks.Woman Happy

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Foreign Currency

Yes i think you tend to think it might be lots as they are notes, but i may find out of some collectors. thank you people for your help.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Foreign Currency

as far as i am aware you can only change notes but i am almost certain the lyons club collect the coins for charity...

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Foreign Currency

Try the Post Office too - you may get better rates there and even check out if your nearest large supermarket does Foreign Exchange as they can offer a better rate than a bank.

Notes you can change, but not sure about coins so again, check out the options that different places offer.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Foreign Currency

You would need a main Post Office that has a Bureau de Change.

I believe they will only change notes.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Foreign Currency

unless worth a lot it might not be worth paying fees any friends going away sell to them lifeboats will take coins
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Foreign Currency

I got some here in front of me, one Dollar note,American, 2 Liri malta, 3 Notes with Qatar Bank on One Riyal each. And a note with a chinese looking man with glasses on one side and a man on a horse on other side, with 10 in the left hand corner ,its foreign writing i cannot read it. Unless i can look them up i suppose the bank could tell me. I dont want to look silly going in with them if their only worth a small amount though. If anyone knows what these are can they tell me ?,otherwise i will look them up.Woman Happy

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Foreign Currency

Doesnt sound enough to warrant changing them.

You could try putting them on here for sale to collectors

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Foreign Currency

i think on wikipedia may be able to  see currency and if its currently in  use

just try googling the  note you have and maybe images 

w e sold  some Euro, took photos back and front

some were early ones from  finland or sweden, others common ones from france and spain 

we got about  5 quid less than the  exchange rate at the time. 

unless you have a shop or market locally that will take them  they mount up in the drawer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Foreign Currency

I changed some Turkish lira last week (too long to payday and had cabin fever!) - the post office gave me the best rate, but if you have lots of small notes, it won't be worth it, as there tends to be a fee or a minimum if you use somewhere like Thomas Cook  If you look on the PO home page, at the sell currency, you can work out what they are worth - not all POs do currency exchange though: some only do Euros, so while you're lookig, check your nearest branch!  They don't take all currencies, though - I have a small fortune in uncirulated South Sudanese pounds, and I think only the bank will change those.

With coins, you can often change 1 and 2 Euro coins, but not any other currencies.  Some banks collect up small change for charity, or you can drop it off at the airport on your next trip.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Foreign Currency

Yes i think you tend to think it might be lots as they are notes, but i may find out of some collectors. thank you people for your help.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent