Febreze - any tips

Any tips for getting rid of the smell.  I bought a lovely dress recently but the seller had doused it in Febreze which I hate.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Febreze - any tips

Me too! I wouldn't give it house room, I really dislike it. 

If it is a washable dress can you put it through a few gentle washes? And if the weather is OK hanh it outside for a few hours?

If you can't wash it consider rerurning the dress as snad because I think I would in a case like that. The smell would make me feel sick.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Febreze - any tips

Thanks for your reply. I have tried soaking in baking soda and water and washing. Then another wash using vinegar in the rinse. Gentle washes. Both helped a bit but not enough. I have also seen the suggestion to hang it outside for a week in the cold air. The weather has been too wet recently so I tried putting it in the freezer in a plastic bag for a fortnight but that didn’t produce any further improvement. I’ll see if I can hang it outside some more if we get a dry spell between now and Christmas/New Year when I want to wear it.
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Febreze - any tips

I really wish sellers wouldn't do this, don't you?  I hope you manage to get the smell out!

******************************************************************************************