Exploding Head Syndrome

Amyone else experienced this.

Last night I had an episode which presented as a loud buzzing sound

I felt that I had to wake myself up, I tried moving and vocalising, neither worked, so I threw the duvet off of myself.

That woke me up, and the buzzing stopped.

It is an odd sensation knowing I am in a state of sleep and need to wake up.

Can be scary, but I get these occasionally and am used to it now.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Exploding Head Syndrome

I've never experienced anything like that I must admit.  Hope that you feel alright now.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Exploding Head Syndrome

That doesn't sound good Mustard Tree, but hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Exploding Head Syndrome

Wonder if its similar to sleepwalking but you wake up have you seen  dr about it ?

Exploding Head Syndrome

It sounds as though you were just on the cusp between being asleep and being awake. Your body was still paralysed, as it is in dream sleep, but your brain got ahead of it. Possibly, in order to break free from the paralysis, which your brain recognised as threatening, it came up with something to drag you out of it, ie a buzzer that needed to be answered/acted upon.

Sleep is a wonderful, but highly complicated, state.
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Exploding Head Syndrome

Isn't that sleep paralysis? I've experienced that many times myself, although it was when I was much younger, teens to twenties I reckon. It's quite common. Google it. Smiley Happy Although, I will admit it's very unnerving.

I felt like a change ok?
Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Exploding Head Syndrome

Just realised what Mustard Tree called it. Exploding head syndrome! Sounds horrible haha.

I felt like a change ok?
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Exploding Head Syndrome

I have woken once in my life when i had that feeling when they say your half awake and half asleep but your paralized and you cannot move. Bit frightening but its never happened again. No buzzing noise though.Woman Surprised

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent