Eurovision Song Contest won by a bloke in a dress!

A bearded bloke at that!!

Gawd 'elp us - come back Boy George.  All is forgiven!Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

I never watch it....

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Me neither load of old rubbish,

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

I don't really watch it but I think they're all allowed to wear what they want and have beards or not.  I think it's a song writing/singing competition rather than a fashion show.

Come on Frederick, 'drag' yourself into the 21st century, us other oldies have had to!!  Woman Wink

Have a nice day!

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

I didn't watch it, always seems to be a bit political nowadays. Where did we come in it?

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

That makes three of us!  Smiley LOLMy daughter told me all about it.  Terry Wogan knew it was time  to leave and pulled no punches -said the winner was decided upon by who could be the most  useful politacally.  Controversial thing to say, but at the same time he picked up a hell of a lot of backing.  Going back even forther was the Miss World contest - rubbish in capital letters.

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Nah - too much of a drag Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

And brush up on your maths too Fred, Count again the number of people who just said they don't watch it and you'll find it was five, not three!  Woman LOL

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

can count!  It was three when I replied - two more joind in before I pressed "post"!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Hey - nobody seems to ave watched it, and yet we're all passing judgement!Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

I watched it. He was a drag artist, had a great voice, the song was very good & he won by a mile! He performed in drag as a protest against the anti gay stance of many of the Balkan States governments. Ironically many of these countries gave him top marks. Shows that their governments are out of touch with their people. Nothing new there then! The people all bood Russia when they got points too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

I sent my friend this picture as we were talking about ladies having to get rid of Beards and facial hair!!!! LOL. I thought it was a joke when i saw it this morning. FAIR PLAY to him,,i presume he is a he??. I have not heard it yet!!!.bearded lady.jpg

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

His name is Tom I believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

There!  From your own mouth  The Eurovision Song Contest has descended into nothing more than a political circus in which people use it as a launch ramp to bring home political ideals.  He may as well have sung Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star - he'd still have won because those in the know would have understood the meaning behind the dress gesture and used their vote to applaud his stance.  Had he shaved his beard and worn makeup he'd just have been accepted as an oddball and wouldn't have won.  You say they booed Russia - you couldn't get more political than that!

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Anything goes nowadays,,with beards or without,,or breasts and male parts,,breasts and no male parts ect.Woman Happy

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

lol. Sorry ! I just collapsed in giggles when you posted his name was Tom, I don't know why perhaps I'm strange but you said it as though it was the most natural thing to hear!! Oh dear I'm gonna have to go & lay down I've laughed sooooo much I feel sick. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

@5129frederick wrote:

There!  From your own mouth  The Eurovision Song Contest has descended into nothing more than a political circus in which people use it as a launch ramp to bring home political ideals.  He may as well have sung Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star - he'd still have won because those in the know would have understood the meaning behind the dress gesture and used their vote to applaud his stance.  Had he shaved his beard and worn makeup he'd just have been accepted as an oddball and wouldn't have won.  You say they booed Russia - you couldn't get more political than that!

I also said that the song was good as was his voice. He performs in the dress as the character Conchita in his working life. Not just as a gimmick for the show.  

It's always been political with the voting proving that. We in the UK think it's all a bit of a comedy but in Europe they take the show very seriously. Even the novelty acts! Russia got what they could have expected in the circumstances.

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

I watched it on and off most of the evening, hated it mostly. I have no problem with gays, transvestites or anybody else, but was gob-smacked that everybody seems to think that "Conchita" wearing a dress and make-up qualified him to be referred to as "she" and "her" all evening - it is a man in a frock and a beard for goodness sake. His voice was good, the song not bad but not in my opinion the best and I doubt he would have won if he performed in male attire - so much for a song writing contest! Yes, the Russian twins were booed, what a shame that it was considered ok to take out political views on a pair of 17 year olds, I felt sorry for them. Loved the Netherlands entry and really hoped they would win, thought the British entry pretty mediocre.

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Do not usually watch this but we were staying with friends and they like to watch it .

The singer in question did sing the song really well and to be fair it was a good song ....my friend picked it as the winner herself ..without bias.

It is very possible that the singer could have won anyway even if dressed as a man ...

It was odd however that the singer was referred to by all as " she " ....he was certainly not a "she ".....

However it does really go to show how enlightened we all have become ..............
Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

I just find it all too much hassle to get het up about things like this.  Perhaps it's my age.  What does it matter if a person is called he or she, has a beard and a dress, has a silly name, studs and piercings all over their body?  As long as they are living within the law and not causing a nuisance to any body, live and let live.

Not everyone can be as normal as me. Woman Indifferent

face.jpg

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent