Duvets...... feather or synthetic?

I am thinking of getting a new duvet for the winter but can't quite make up my mind what to get. Bearing in mind my night sweats which would be better. I don't need anything too hot as our house is super insulated and doesn't really get cold. I want something snuggly.
Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Duvets...... feather or synthetic?

I would hate blankets again and we too have double duvets on single beds.  I bought all single stuff when we first got the beds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,single duvets were useless, one turn and they were on the floor!!

Our first ever duvet was feather.  Very heavy and very clingy somehow, made us both too hot.  We've had polyester ones ever since and both get on fine with them.  We have 4, 9 and 13.5 tog ones for the different seasons.  He never needs the 13.5 tog but I have that, electric blanket, wheaty bag and nighty when it's cold!! Woman LOL

Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

I'm with you on that! I used to wash all my winter duvets when they came off & the same with the summer ones, now I don't have time or the space to do it!. So I bought synthetic ones for both seasons, they are just as good .

**********Sam**********
Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

I've got a Silentnight synthetic one and it is lovely - best duvet I've ever had

Photobucket
Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

i remember the Brush nylon Sheets and Candlewick bedspreads!!!!!. Dont know why they were called Candlewick!!!!.

I still wish you could get Silky or Duvets Ready covered or in Colours!!!!. I look at all these Beds and Stuff on programmes like The Kardashians. The rich always seem to have lovely bedding!!!!. And people to cahnge them. I detest changing beds!!!. I get in a state. Its bad for my OCD!!!!!!.Woman LOL

Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent