Customer service does it exist.

Was due to have engineer come to set up new fibre optic broadband and TV between 1 and 6pm today, no one came call had been cancelled at 4.45pm but they didn't ring me.  Rang their help number someone going to ring back in 10 minutes now 25 minutes.

Called the people who installed our windows re a fault, (a small one - but a fault non the less) the sealant is shrinking around the windows so needs replacing.  Called last Monday someone was ringing back, now one week and one day later no one has rung.  Whilst I was in the mood I rang them back they apologised and said someone would ring me back.

I give up.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

mouse4702
Conversationalist

It makes my blood boil.  I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that carp.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

bt are normally very good, at least they have been with us

texting where they could,  to say they were on their way, and how long they expected to be if held up by traffic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Mouse, in the run of things with what some people are going through it is quite a small problem, it is just the lack of manners that gets me.

Where I work we get workshops on how to treat people, how we should smile at everyone and strike up a conversation,  we thought it was common sense, not so sure now..

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Not this time towery, usualy we don't get any problems that's why we went with them.  We still have to pay the connection fee though even though it hasn't been  connected yet.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

My normal saying over things like this is 'I'm paying for a service I cannot use'.   I would ask for compensation for what has happened.  Obviously, both companies should have rung you to let you know what was happening.  Common sense and manners cost nothing.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Send them a letter pointing out the inconvenience and your disappointment about the lack of communication.  Include an invoice for your time (at a minmum of £15 per hour), plus the cost of any phone calls, plus an ex-gratia payment to cover your inconvenience

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

More years ago than I care to remember I started my first Saturday job.  The maiden lady in charge of the place took me and my mate to one side and told us that our periods, headaches, tiffs with friends or boys or whatever were nothing to do with our customers and that we should be polite, pleasant, honest and SMILE at everybody.  It was a very happy place to work and we had very little customer dis-satisfaction.  Stood me in good stead all my life.  Unfortunately that type of manager(the one who insists on high standards but is the first to notice you need a pill, coffee or sympathy)  seems to be rather rare today.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

I think its maddening when this happens yes.

I can agree with Guardpig above. When i was eighteen and started working in a well known ladies fashion Shop we were told to be polite,,look nice,,always approach customers and ask if they needed help and the manager would be watching to see if you did what you were told. I was nervous as i was so shy but it has stayed with me all my life and also stood me in good stead too. I got told off quite a few times about things but soon learnt and changed into a more polite person.Woman Happy

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent