Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - anyone watch it?

I watched it, Amy Macdonald was lovely, the John Barrowman bit was a bit like a childrens TV programme and Rod Stewert, that was awful, apologies to any fans, I am normally but I thought he was bad.  Lovely to see Chris Hoy having a big part in it,  One thing though where was David Beckham, he is always in everything, I bet he was put out that he didn't get a part.

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

I forgot it was on, tuned in briefly and saw the Scottie dogs.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

I liked it. Thought Rod was ok but the face lift spoiled his lovely 'lived in 'look! John Barrowman was being 'John Barrowman. lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

I thought that was a good idea a bit different. The dogs I mean not Rods facelift.  I like John Barrowman just thought the format was a bit childish.  It was a good effort though and I am sure they were trying to be different but for me it didn't quite come off.  I was waiting for the big suprise they kept on about what was that, the top not coming off the torch, the Queen seemed to enjoy it though.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

watched it all but was not overly impressed, time for Rod Stewart to retire? Also thought the fund raising thing was not quite appropriate for the occasion, who ever thought of it meant well but to show clips of certain contestant's countries that require our charity wasn't exactly tactful, I was brought up to believe that a host never does anything to make a guest uncomfortable. Loving the games, got nothing done today too busy watching events. 

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

We only watched a bit of it but I wasn't impressed either.  I like Rod Stewart but I agree that it's time for him to retire.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

I was out so I recorded it but I haven't watched it yet.

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Watched it (I'm one of the Clydesiders this year) - first part was a bit cringe-worthy and kitch but most of the remainder was brilliant.  The dogs stole the show for me!

Photobucket
Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

me too, I loved the Scotties....such character....as for Rod Stewart....he needs chucking in the Clyde...gawd what a rotten voice.....retire man!!!

Photobucket

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Phew I thought I would have been lynched for saying that. We have 2 scotties living next door. Cute dogs I wonder if they went to Scotland on holiday I haven't heard them for a few days.
Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

The scottie dogs were gorgeous, just hope they don't now turn into the latest fashion must have only to end up in rescue when the novelty wears off. There are always **bleep** out there that "see it, want it, get it" then get fed up with it because it didn't come well trained like the ones on the opening ceremony so they get rid again. I especially liked the one that had to be carried, stubborn to the end!

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Well said that lady
Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

I can't believe my comment received a "bleep" I didn't swear - since when has id..t not been allowed? the definition in the dictionary is "very stupid person"

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent