Christmas day tea time thread. ha ha ha

No response necessary just my little joke. 😉
Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

We'll be having salad followed by trifle. We had our Christmas dinner just after 12 and it was delicious.

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

just finnished ours - had it at 2.30pm - turkey, roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, bread sauce, gravy, honeyed parsnips and sausages in bacon.

we're not that keen on vegetabes so we don't have them 🙂 and we don't like stuffing either.

our turkey was a m+s crown.

later we'll have turkey sandwiches ( with mayo ) and maybe christmas pudding - i don't like alcohol but this year i found a non alcholic one in m+s.

the dishwasher is on and...

i have a 2nd turkey breast m+s thingie in the oven for...

the dogs !

excessive ? maybe.

but i started fostering dogs for many tears animal rescue which is based in south wales in april, and i currently have 1 beagle and 4 bichons - 4 girls and a boy. each one is the product of a puppy farm 😞

the little boy bichon is 4 and was used as a stud dog, he is scared.

the bichon girls are 3 and 7 & 7 - producing litters of puppies until they are no longer wanted / needed.

the 3 year old is scared too 😞

one of the 7 year old bichons arrived at the rescue centre unable to see, thanks to the rescue, supporters and fundraisers etc. she was given ' the gift of sight'  - eye operations / treatment to remove cateracts etc. and she can see.  🙂

the beagle is also 3 and probably thinks she lives here as she's been here since august..

it's probably safe to say none of them have lived in a house before, never known a dog bed, never been given a dog treat / bone / pigs ear, never been offered a toy and most of all... never been loved.

and unfortunately none of them have been adopted in time to have christmas in a forever home, so as for each of them it will be their first christmas, i decided they deserved a turkey of their own.

besides with 2 dogs of my own and 8 cats, i don't have much in the way of leftovers !

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Only one way of enjoying Christmas day tea.

Too stuffed to even think about tea.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

What a lovely thing you are doing for those dogs Shona. These people who run puppy farms should go to prison! Have a lovely Christmas with them. heart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Well done you Shona.

We took blankets, towells and food to the dogs trust yesterday so hopefully that will help for a while.

We habe 2 rescue dogs and can understand how difficult but rewarding it can be.
Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Just finihsed ours - my sister from Newport and I - which we bought in from the locqal cafe yesterday.  Now drinking prosecco - bottoms up everyone, your Mouse loves you xxxxxxx

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

We had a huge roast dinner ( pork)  , the cupboards and freezer are groaning with  a choice of yummy seasonal food. so what does Teen want for tea?

Fish finger sandwiches!

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

I cooked Xmas dinner this year. Toast pork, roasties,mash, honied parsnips, carrots, sprouts with pancetta, stuffing , pigs on blankets,gravy. Mrs WSK did a prawn cocktail starter. Olivia eat about two mouth fulls, Jan's Dad didn't have much because he is recovering from the vomiying virus and Mrs WSK developed it today so had a few mouthfuls and disappeared for most of the rest of the day.
So I'm sitting on my own having just finished a couple of pork sarnies, cold roasties and a pint or two of beer, on my own failing to find anything worth watching on the telly

Bah Humbug!

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Hope that your family are soon feeling better Mr WSK.

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Well we have till the 28th to recover, because then it's Olivias 3rd birthday!

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

shona, well done you are a star. We rescued a dog that had been born on a puppy farm. He didn't know he was a puppy so the rescue said, we had to take him there as he had separation anxiety proplems. So you having all those dogs and cats means they will all understand they are dogs and hopefully settle slowly but surely.

I so wish I didn't work and I'd foster dogs.

You do a wonderful job. God bless people like you.

Photobucket

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Nice find, Bank.

That certainly makes a change from rat-on-a-stick.

(With due acknowldegements to Terry Pratchett.)

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Two of these foster Bichons I ended up adopting, one of them is still with me today at 16.5 years old.

I fostered 30 dogs in total over a couple of years, adopted 3 of them ( a shih tzu was the 3rd ) which brought my dogs at that time to 5 at which point I stopped fostering.

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent